We are looking for driven and dynamic professionals like you to grow with us and shape our future.
Information Builders helps organizations transform data into business value. Our software solutions for business intelligence and analytics, integration, and data integrity empower people to make smarter decisions, strengthen customer relationships, and drive growth. Our dedication to customer success is unmatched in the industry. That’s why thousands of leading organizations rely on Information Builders to be their trusted partner. Founded in 1975, Information Builders is headquartered in New York City, with offices around the world, and remains one of the largest independent, privately held companies in the industry.
In addition to our industry-leading software solutions and outstanding customer service, our people are the heart and soul of our success. Passionate, dedicated, and driven, Information Builders employees are some of the most talented and creative professionals in the industry. Job Title: Federal Civilian Strategic Sales Executive Job Summary:
Sell software products and services for a global market leader in three of the hottest high-technology sectors: Business Intelligence & Analytics
, Data Integration and Management, and Data Quality & Governance. This dynamic Federal Civilian Strategic Sales Executive is needed to work in Arlington, VA, representing Information Builders’ products and services in an established accounts territory. Job Requirements:
- A 5+ year successful track record of making and/or exceeding revenue goals in complex, business application and enterprise business software sales.
- A 4-year accredited college degree, preferably in a business and/or technical discipline.
- Knowledge of one of the following accounts preferred: US Department of Agriculture, US Department of Commerce, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and Office of Personnel Management.
- Must have board-room, executive-style presence and ability manage large complex sales cycles.
- Strong communication and effective presentation, time management, and organization skills.
- Experience in aligning with all levels of an organization (from frontline workers to mid-level management to executives).
- The ability to understand how to pragmatically apply technical solutions to solve business problems
- The ability to create a value proposition that aligns with organizational goals and ROI.
- Experience in dealing with complex procurement processes and negotiating T&C’s.
- Ability to effectively manage a sales process through the entire sales cycle (from identifying an opportunity, to proper qualification, to closing).
- The ability to maintain a high level of sales-related activity
- Strong telephone prospecting, partnering and marketing skills.
- Energy of a self-starter, coupled with an excellent knowledge of the industry marketplace and business drivers.
- Ability to work well under pressure, execute results against strategy, and meet critical deadlines.
- Effective customer management experience.
- A local team of professionals: System Architects and Engineers, Sales Support Specialists, and Marketing Representatives
- In-house Professional Services organization
- In-house Marketing organization providing lead-generating programs, collateral, and Web site production
- Experience sales support infrastructure aligned with revenue goals
- World-class customer and support organization
- Market-leading and recognized products
- Award-winning customers
General attributes of a successful candidate:
- Payment upon execution of contract
- Tiered commission plan (accelerates as you sell more)
- Bonuses for performance at over quota intervals
- Paid Quota Club trip at 100% for rep and guest (plus spending money per day)
- Paid on all activity in territory (channels, consulting services, direct sales)
- Paid/Quota relief on all software sales
- Paid/Quota relief on First year maintenance (InfoResponse)
- Paid/Quota relief on all services sold
- Paid/Quota relief on all education sold
- Additional bonuses paid on new name accounts and new departments
- Personable – Can quickly build rapport at a meaningful level and can be seen as becoming a trusted advisor. Can they convey the level of confidence a prospect would need to sign a million dollar deal?
- Communication Skills – Can the candidate articulate a solution and value proposition in a compelling fashion? Requires both written and verbal communication skills
- Have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Has worked as consultant either with a software company or a general services firm
- Has sold for a software company, selling some form of development tools (app dev, BI, content management, integration/middleware, etc). We are looking for people that can have meaningful conversations with both IT and the business side of a company.
4. Sales cycle management – has the ability to control a sales cycle, clearly identifying compelling events, unique differentiation and the prospects decision makers and procurement process required to accelerate and manage a sales cycle.
Additionally, we expect our reps to possess the drive and initiative to make things happen in their territories. We strive to provide a very entrepreneurial environment for our sales staff and expect them to put in the effort to learn the products, the company, and take the message out into the field. Each rep is teamed with technical support rep(s) in the territory. The successful team works together in canvassing the territory and preparing effective presentations and demonstrations that generate prospect interest. Our sales cycles may include the installation of the product for testing and proof of concepts – typically of a very short duration (1-3 weeks). If you are looking for a fresh career opportunity where you can really make a difference every day, we’d love to hear from you.
Information Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.