Becker Professional Education is an educational institute that was founded in 1957 and headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. They are empowering people and enhancing their career success. They are helping accounting and healthcare professionals. Their typical services include USMLE Exam Review, CPA Exam Review, and Continuing Professional Education Courses. Its professional education is Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a U.S. Department of Education. They have 2900 partners including firms, corporations, societies, universities, and government agencies. They have 4 global accounting firms and have maintained relations with 99 accounting firms of the United States. They need industry experts to train, educate, and inculcate some core values in their learning certified programs of CPA. They often need some experts in the domains such as content strategist, Faculty members, Accountant Manager, Creative Producer, Senior Project Manager, and many more. Their annualemployment growth rate is 2%.
Opportunity at a Glance
The Account Manager (AM) is the face of Becker Professional Education (Becker) to students, clients, and business partners. They provide a high level of product knowledge about Becker, the CPA Exam, CPE requirements and other industry information to clients, partners and individual prospects at assigned universities, firms, societies, corporations and government agencies. AM’s excel at growing revenue and enrollments at their accounts by providing excellent customer service and account management. They have the ability to provide added value to Becker partners by accurately assessing the needs of students, staff and clients in their market, and providing creative solutions for them.
- Executes all elements of a proactive local marketing and sales strategy, including interacting with external clients, prospects and organizations to provide accurate and updated information regarding the CPA Exam, CPE requirements and the accounting industry in general.
- Creates and executes account-specific strategies for all assigned and prospective accounts in order to grow revenue in an assigned territory.
- Networks, prospects and develops professional relationships with all potential and existing customers and clients.
- Identifies opportunities for new business and for growth at existing accounts, and pursues those opportunities to close.
- Communicates and reports progress and activity to leadership.
- Achieves annual goals and objectives including but not limited to, sales quotas, account management, lead collection, managing Campus Ambassadors, managing expense budget, reporting competitive activity.
Responsible for driving enrollments and revenue on university campuses, by managing relationships with faculty and administrators, conducting appropriate events, and running successful Campus Ambassador programs.
Establish and maintain a Campus Ambassador Program at all assigned universities. AM’s will hire, train, and provide continuous communication and support to all Campus Ambassadors.
Establish, build, maintain and strengthen new and existing relationships with university administrators, faculty, student leaders, and student prospects, in order to generate sales inquiries.
Identify opportunities for academic partnership and discuss with Accounting or Business Department leadership (Dean, Department Chair, key faculty). Assist with negotiation of contractual agreements and contract renewals as appropriate.
Keep abreast of competitor activities and share this information with local, regional and national teams as appropriate.
Firms/Corporations/Government Agencies/Societies and Other Organizations
Responsible for driving revenue growth at firms, corporations and government agencies by establishing, maintaining and strengthening relationships with new and existing contacts.
Work closely with state societies and other applicable national, state and local organizations to provide information and education regarding all Becker Professional Education products.
Identify opportunities for partnership or account growth and discuss with key contacts at each account. Assist with negotiation of contractual agreements and contract renewals as appropriate.
Conduct account management for each assigned account, including assisting with student-related customer service issues that arise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements for the role including the education, experience, knowledge and skills required to competently perform in this position. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, sales, marketing, or related discipline.
- A minimum of three years experience in marketing, sales, or account management required.
- Experience working remotely a plus.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals, objective and sales quotas.
- Working knowledge of the accounting and finance industries preferred but not required.
- Capability to handle complex customer situations, geographically expansive territories and stretch assignments as requested.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- General PC and Microsoft Office skills required, specifically expert use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Minimum knowledge of Microsoft Excel required as well.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM System and WebEx systems is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift 30 to 40 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation. Travel for this role is estimated at 60% with some overnight travel required.
- Must be able to cover any related travel expenses up front (hotels, meals, gas, etc.), on a regular basis with regular reimbursements from Becker.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
Who We Are
Becker Professional Education, is a global leader in professional education serving the accounting and finance, project management, talent development, international business and healthcare professions. See why professionals around the world prepare to advance their careers through our CPA Exam Review, ACCA® Courses, CMA Exam Review, PMP® Exam Review, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) courses and USMLE® Review. Our industry leading experience has also resulted in life-long partnerships as LMS providers to fit your businesses needs - whether it's Lean Six Sigma Certifications or Continuing Professional Education courses. Throughout our more than 50-year history, Becker has earned a strong track record of student success through world-class teaching, curriculum and learning tools that enable its students to develop the knowledge and performance skills necessary to stay ahead in an ever-changing business world.