New York, New YorkRevenueFull-timeTransfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018
, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers. As an Account Manager, you'll play a key role in helping Transfix achieve its ambitious goals by serving as the liaison between our clients / carriers and the rest of the business.If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you’ll do:
- Solve logistical problems in a fast-paced environment to ensure timely and accurate fulfillment of our shipments
- Communicate client needs and expectations clearly amongst the operations team
- Manage multiple accounts; develop positive working relationships with all customer touch points
- Drive client retention and client satisfaction
- Develop and expand key accounts
- Work closely with the Operations team on day-to-day operational processes
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams on day-to-day operational processes and to understand customer goals and key performance metrics
- Provide input on new processes and workflows as needed
- Focus on ensuring we maintain superior customer service levels, operational excellence and strategic insight
- You have 5-6 years experience in Account Management / Sales
- You are strategic and possess the ability to identify new opportunities for growth with customers
- You are flexible - we are disrupting an industry so changes to traditional processes should be expected
- You desire the opportunity to mentor, and one day manage Account Managers
- You love solving complex problems
- You demonstrate strong internal and external communication skills including verbal, written, presentation, and active listening
- You have experience in growing a book of business
- You have managed complex and/or large-scale accounts in the past generating at least 1 million in revenue annually
- Previous experience with B2B enterprise accounts, tech companies, and/or a hyper-growth B2B startup is always an advantage
- Must be able to interact and collaborate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- A burning desire to win and reach overall company goals. You’re a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.