FirstService Residential is a provider of residential property management services. It oversees more than 7,000 residential and commercial associations across 21 US states and three Canadian provinces. It provides a wide variety of essential property services, from concierge through maintenance to security and more.The managed communities include condominiums and cooperatives, single-family homes, and rental and commercial properties. Career areas with the company include community services, community management, and corporate. Working for FirstService Residential, you will find opportunities for moving up the ladder, or across the continent. As a full-time associate, you will be offered a variety of benefits and perks to promote the wellbeing of you and your family.
Position SummaryThe Account Services Representative responsibilities include, but not limited to, invoicing, running reports, compiling month-end data, checking customer guidelines, copying, printing and scanning documents and communication and staff interaction to assure accuracy.Position Responsibilities* Charging the Association property accounts assessments (monthly, semi-annually, quarterly, and/or annually)
* Charging the Association property accounts for collection fees
* Charging and processing the HOA property accounts for demand letters
* Requesting from the Association Managers which property accounts need to be processed for liens
* Requesting from the Association Managers which property accounts need to be processed for foreclosures
* Charging the property accounts for both management company fees and attorney's fees
* Recording and processing all bankruptcies for property accounts
* Charging all violation fines for property accounts
* Charging all miscellaneous account fees (e.g., work-orders, resident key fobs, etc.)
* Verifying that all statuses of delinquent accounts are updated monthly
* Updating owner billing addresses and related information
* Monitor and reply to open calls and emails
* Processing bankruptcies
* Arranging and processing payment plans with homeowners
* Processing Adjustments on owner's accounts
Operating Skills, Knowledge & Abilities..
Education/Training: High school diploma or equivalency. 2 to 3 years' experience in an office environment performing similar tasks preferred. Experience in Property Management industry a plus.Experience/Knowledge/Abilities:
Proficient in Microsoft Office. Excellent communication skills. Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices, ability to perform with minimum supervision and make decisions independently. Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize workload, meet hard and fast deadline. Must be a team player. Must possess strong analytical skills. Detail-oriented with multiple tasks, information organization.Special Requirements:
Physical demands include ability to lift up to 10 lbs. Standing, sitting, walking. The employee is required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.Physical Requirements:
Frequent need (66% to 100% of time) to perform the following physical activities:Example:
* Writing/typing - Corporate/inter-office, resident communications
* Grasping/turning - Telephone, doorknob use
* Finger dexterity - Operation of office equipment
* Lifting/carrying - Paperwork, deliveries, books, files, misc.)Example:
* Over 25lbs. - Rare need (less than 1% of time)
* Between 10-25lbs. - Occasional need (1% to 33% of time)
* Less than 10lbs. - Frequent need (33% to 66% of time)
* Frequent need (66% to 100% of time) to complete forms, read and review reports, wide variety of correspondence, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail.
* Frequent need (33% to 66% of time) to see things clearly beyond arm's reach (inspecting property, neighborhood survey)Hearing Requirements:
* Frequent need (66% to 100%of time) to communicate over telephone and in person with vendors, corporate and resident staff, residents and prospects.Speaking Requirements:
* Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to verbally communicate with home owners, vendors, and staff.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.