Becker Professional Education is an educational institute that was founded in 1957 and headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. They are empowering people and enhancing their career success. They are helping accounting and healthcare professionals. Their typical services include USMLE Exam Review, CPA Exam Review, and Continuing Professional Education Courses. Its professional education is Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a U.S. Department of Education. They have 2900 partners including firms, corporations, societies, universities, and government agencies. They have 4 global accounting firms and have maintained relations with 99 accounting firms of the United States. They need industry experts to train, educate, and inculcate some core values in their learning certified programs of CPA. They often need some experts in the domains such as content strategist, Faculty members, Accountant Manager, Creative Producer, Senior Project Manager, and many more. Their annualemployment growth rate is 2%.
Adtalem Global Education seeks an energetic problem solver and leader for an Accountant position within our fast growing Professional Education division. This position is an ideal fit for the passionate accounting professional looking to build a successful career with our global, publicly traded leader in the dynamic world of higher education.
- Perform detailed monthly reviews and account analysis of assigned revenue, expense and balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports to management.
- Analyze and problem solve for assigned processes and accounts and communicate results.
- Assist with the accounting and reporting integration of new businesses.
- Apply policies to ensure all assigned processes within accounting and reporting comply with GAAP and SOX.
- Adhere to internal control/compliance policy procedures and has high consciousness/awareness of the Code of Ethics.
- Work on special projects and handle other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to perform competently in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA or progress towards CPA desired.
- Must have a minimum of two years public accounting or commensurate experience.
- Demonstration of leadership in professional or academic background.
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Experience with publicly listed clients a plus.
- Must be a team player with the ability to analyze and assess processes.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to facilitate teamwork and cooperation at all levels within the organization.
Excellent computer and data skills are necessary with proficiency in Microsoft Office products and experience with ERP financial systems.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.