Health Carousel is serving people since 2004. They have their main office in Cincinnati, Ohio. Their vision is to help every patient in the United States so they can access a healthcare professional whenever they need it. At Health Carousel they aim to improve lives and make health care work better. In the first 10 years, they are as big as 200 health care professionals are working with them. They are looking for such workers who have passion in them and also excellent at collaboration. Health Carousel offers different professional, financial, physical, and social benefits to their employees. The organization is committed to the goals and they expect this from their employees as well.
What is an Accounting Clerk?
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for reviewing all invoices and expense submittals for accuracy and compliance with internal policies. The role is responsible for collaborating with staff accountants and internal employees to ensure accurate coding of invoices and expenses to align with budgets and the general ledger.What is a typical day like for an Accounting Clerk?
- Review invoices and, if applicable, match to purchase orders to ensure accurate coding to appropriate accounts and cost centers
- Review expense reports and personal reimbursements for supporting documentation, approvals, and receipts to ensure compliance with internal policies
- Track and report policy violations to management
- Record journal entries for prepayments, accruals, and payroll
- Review check requests and payment advances to our healthcare professionals
- Respond to internal inquiries regarding policies, invoices, and expense reports
- Reconcile GL accounts in a timely manner
- Assist with preparation of audit requests
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Who is the right person for this role?
- Associate degree in Accounting or at least 3 years of experience working in an Accounting or equivalent function is required
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and SAP Concur experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel) is required
- Knowledge of basic accounting principals
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and good-record-keeping, especially when performing hands-on, detail-oriented tasks
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy. Must be able to maintain the integrity of confidential information
- Team player who can effectively collaborate with other teams in the organization
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management
- Willingness to tackle new tasks and effectively problem solve
- Customer service (internal and external)
- Accurate and timely coding of invoices and expenses with minimal adjustments
- Reconciling GL accounts timely
Why Health Carousel?
- Highly challenging and highly rewarding professional sales career
- An industry with abundant and lasting opportunity
- Opportunity for learning, professional development, and career advancement
- Noble work that makes a difference in the lives of others
- Performance based compensation with uncapped income potential for high performers
- Formal training program with a period of apprenticeship to develop the knowledge and skills needed for success
- Competitive benefits including health, life and dental insurance, and a 401k with a company match
- A magnetic culture that supports the physical, financial, professional and social well-being of its employees
- Company paid cell phone
- 7 company paid holidays, 17 paid days off
- We are very team-oriented. Everyone in the company does their part to make us successful.
- Award Winning: Best Places to Work in Cincinnati, Ohio - 2016, 2017, Largest U. S. Staffing Firms in the U. S. - 2017, 2018, Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America - 2016,2017,2018
Health Carousel was founded in Cincinnati, OH in 2004 with a vision to build a company that could ensure that US patients have access to qualified healthcare professionals when and where they need them. The founders developed service lines that helped US healthcare organizations address their short-term and long-term workforce challenges. Today, Health Carousel operates the leading international healthcare staffing business (PassportUSA), a master supplier in the nurse travel staffing business (Health Carousel Travel Network), one of the top locum tenens companies (NEXTLocums) and is ranked as one of the 20 largest healthcare staffing companies in the US. Health Carousel employs over 1700 healthcare professionals and 400 internal employees.
Health Carousel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.