Jet Linx is looking for an Accounting Intern to provide support to the accounting team on a flexible, part-time basis during the school year and summer months while gaining exposure to several aspects of the accounting function.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The internship will give the candidate an opportunity to obtain valuable experience which may include:
- Generate invoices
- Process accounts payable invoices
- Reconcile and apply credit card payments
- Supporting month-end accounting close activities
- Filing, scanning and other general office tasks
- Assist with various accounting projects as assigned
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Completed at least two years of college education prior to the start of this internship, including introductory coursework in accounting
- Hours are flexible between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm; ideally 15-20 hours per week.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Self-starter with the initiative to ask questions and seek out challenges
- Ability to think analytically, creatively, and independently with excellent problem-solving skills
- Majority of work is completed in a normal office work environment
- Communicate through verbal, written and/or electronic means
- Operate office equipment such as telephone, computer, printer, fax, postage meter, etc.
- Move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis
- Access filing cabinets, drawers and shelves of varying heights