Are you a financial guru? Are numbers and financial planning your passion? Do you want to work at a global company where you can utilize your accounting skills to work cross-functionally with senior leadership to develop financial plans, report on financial performance, and to create analysis that drives and supports business initiatives? Broan in Hartford, has an Accounting Manager role open which gives you high visibility with leadership, an opportunity to lead a team and steer a partnership between operations and finance.
- Assist Controller in all aspects of annual budget process. Process includes entire P&L, Balance, and Cash flow.
- Support department heads with proper financial reporting and analysis of actual vs budget variances.
- Provide guidance and oversight to Financial Supervisor in the preparation of Financial Statements, particularly the Balance Sheet
- Supervise the Accounting team’s monthly close process and ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of journal entries, account reconciliations, and reporting
- Build and develop the talent on the Accounting team.
- Oversee and report on monthly operations variances including material, labor, and spend and provide insight to operations management on issues.
- Lead timely completion of monthly and quarterly forecasting process
- Review physical inventory and cycle count processes to assure accuracy and proper handling according to accounting policies.
- Provide oversight to the annual standard cost setting process for material labor and burden
- Support costs savings initiatives including capital expenditure requests, design to value, and material savings. Assure accuracy of savings reported and that savings tie to P&L results and forecast.
- Create reporting and analysis that provides actionable insight to the Operations Team and drives financial and operational performance
The ideal candidate with have the ability to review historical data, trends, feedback from other departments to provide reporting and analysis to management on future forecasts including risks and opportunities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred but not required.
Experience: 6-10 years of experience in accounting with experience in auditing, budget and forecast preparation, as well as cost accounting in a standard cost environment. 2-3 years of teammanagement is strongly preferred but not required.
- Communication and people skills that allow them to be the Face of Finance, along with the command skills which allows them to have difficult conversations and drive accountability.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to handle ambiguity to solve issues that they’re not familiar with nor receive little direction on how to handle.
- Strong computer skills including advanced excel skills, and experience with ERP and financial reporting systems.
- Ability to manage their and the Accounting Team’s time, in an environment of changing priorities, to accomplish assignments on time
- Drive and motivation for continuous improvement with the energy and creativity needed to challenge people and processes for the betterment of the organization.
- Ability to process, analyze, and present complex financial information to non-financial individuals in a useful and actionable manner
- Leadership and project management skills that allows them to maximize the contributions of their team to achieve assigned projects and goals