Grand Sierra is a Resort and Casina in the US. This resort has 1,990 guest rooms and suites and 10 restaurants. They are founded in 1978 in Nevada, United States. They have luxury rooms and suites to accommodate their guests and world-class chefs to deliver guests with the best food. They have all the facilities that anyone can need to enjoy a holiday or stay a peaceful night. They have a casino floor at 100,000 square feet. Grand Sierra is on a mission to become the region’s most respected gaming company. There are different job opportunities in different fields at Grand Sierra. They need talented and passionate workers to join them. They give benefits like Complete health coverage, retirement benefits, discounts, and much more.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for accounts payable functions within the Finance department, instrumental in insuring the timely and accurate perpetration of invoicing and payments for all vendors, month end journal entries and the accounts payable closing process. Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of transaction activity and vendor relationship management. Acts as a liaison for payable activity to other department staff, managers, and directors.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- Assists The AP manager in AP. Includes, Customer Vendor Relations, and the AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters for 3 ERP systems.
- Review and process internal and external documentation for accuracy, authenticity, completeness and compliance with Casino policies and procedures
- Supervise, review, evaluate and schedule work for assigned staff.
- Responsible for the management and execution of accounts payable processes, including check disbursements, ACH payments and vendor credit applications.
- Develop and maintain procedural documentation for the accounts payable function.
- Assure that procedural documentation is adhered to within the accounts payable function.
- Responsible for supervising, developing, and managing accounts payable staff.
- Create and Manage an effective and efficient schedule for processing activity, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staff development objectives, and achieving an exemplary level of internal guest satisfaction.
- Assist with the 1099 and tax related reporting process.
- Develop and maintain department KPIs to accurately assess the performance of the function, using informed data to report activity to department leadership.
- Respond professionally, timely, and accurately to inquiries.
- Responsible for review, resolution and timely reconciliation of all vendor account statement activity.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory requirements within area, and reporting potential issued to department leadership.
- Assure the maximization of discount opportunities when able
- Maintain and open line of communication with peers, department leadership, and supporting internal guests.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner and act diligently in its effect.
- Provide continuous feedback, and follow up on open issues, ensuring all payment issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage vendor relationships, payments and payment terms.
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information as it relates to accounts payable; ensure accuracy of accounts payable related items in the financial statements.
- Provide accounting assistance to project managers, operations staff, and procurement related to accounts payable and vendor payments; respond to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Generate reports as needed for distribution internally and externally on a department-wide and casino-wide basis.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Create, maintain and facilitate a positive work environment.
- Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION:
- Degree in Accounting or completion of a business school bookkeeping programpreferred.
- Seven (3) years of high-volume accounts payable experience required, including experience with data entry of invoices into AP system, coordination of the disbursement process, and vendor relations.
- 3 years of supervisory experience in a high-volume operation of similar scopepreferred.
- Three years extensive general ledger experiencepreferred.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Demonstrate advanced ten-key by touch and strong math skills.
- Demonstrate proficient skill and knowledge of computerized accounting software application.
- Demonstrate ability to work with and maintain confidential materials and information required.
- Exhibit strong time management and organizational skills needed, with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment with speed and accuracy.
Department: Finance & Accounting
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 1