Accounting assistant in finance to perform a variety of account receivable tasks under the supervision of senior director AR, Credit Risk & Collections. This position will support the recording of cash receipts daily related to credit cards, EFT s and wires from various Deltek Company s and assist with the lockbox payments as needed.
* This position will perform tasks to include reconciliations related to intercompany AR and intercompany cash between various entities as well as research and trace intercompany transactions as needed.
* Research transactions related to credit card processing, bank disposition of monies, lockbox, and wire transactions as needed.
* Prepare and submit transactions to correctly reflect account balances between cash, AR, and intercompany related accounts.
* Assist with internal and external auditor requests for evaluating business' internal procedures and processing of cash related transactions.
* Responsible for performing daily functions necessary to support accounts receivable to general ledger reconciliations and cash management.
* Delivers high-quality service to internal and external customers and is responsible for accuracy and timeliness of solving problems, and contacting internal customers when necessary.
* Assist in areas with processing write-off transactions, refunding of monies back to our customer, and work with new acquisitions in the cash receipts and AR areas which would allow for an easier transition of acquisition data to Deltek Inc.
* Be detailed oriented and understand the flow of transactions to be processed and / or corrected/adjusted.
* Under general supervision and in accordance with established policies, responsible for Deltek AR and general ledger activities.
* Responsibilities include but are not limited to monitoring and tracking journal entries and account reporting as needed.
* Assist other team members with resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
* Education: Accounting degree required.
* Experience: 1-3 years of experience in general accounting, GL reconciliations and cash receipts.
* Excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Must be able to work individually as well as part of a team.
* Works well in team environment and promotes a positive working attitude.
* Must have the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and be flexible with work assignments.
* Familiarity with Costpoint and / or Ajera
* Ability to understand and think critically and technically in order to solve challenges.
* Strives for excellence in a high volume work environment.
* Must possess basic mathematic skills, the ability to analyze figures.
* Works in a team environment and displays positive attitude.
* Knowledge of accounting principles and excellent verbal and written skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple demands.
* Highly dependable, embraces innovation and generates new ideas to solve problems.
* Proficient in billing software and/or other applications such as MS Word and Excel.
* Understanding of Accounts Receivable, cash application, and billing system to include knowledge of debits, credits and balancing accounts.
* Focus on performance to meet and/or exceed defined metrics.
* Possess ability to evaluate, document, and improve business processes.
Deltek is a unique provider of enterprise software and information solutions. We are an innovative, fast-growing market leader that offers massive brand name recognition, 15,000 global customers, hundreds of millions in annual revenue, over 1,600 employees and all with the nimble, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic culture of a start-up that gives you the freedom to blaze your own trail. No one else in our industry has the focus or footprint that we do in our core markets. Founded in 1983, we have grown to become the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for government contractors and professional services firms. For decades, we have delivered actionable insight that empowers our customers to unlock their business potential. Over 2 million users in approximately 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek to research and identify opportunities, win new business, optimize resources, streamline operations, and deliver more profitable projects. Join our growing team, and embark on a great career today. Deltek Know more. Do more. www.deltek.com
Deltek, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Consulting & Upper Management||9.2%||66%||2%|