Position Summary: THIS IS A TEMP TO HIRE ROLE
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and operational support to a Senior Vice President. This is a non-profit in the arts and education sector.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the organization, policies and procedures by making routine administrative decisions and exercising independent judgment. Maintains frequent contact with executive management, internal staff, and various volunteer groups on behalf of the Senior Vice President of Advancement.
The Administrative Assistant will be answering calls, scheduling meetings, managing calendar, coordinating travel, planning meetings and preparing materials, edit and proof executive management correspondence and communication, interfacing with the fundraising team and the Board of Directors as well as participating in various ad-hoc projects.
- Maintains calendar, making all necessary changes to ensure that the calendar is accurate and current; also contribute and manage the calendar function for the advancement department when assigned and as needed.
- Provides customer service by greeting visitors and directing them appropriately; assists callers and visitors with resolving problems including coordinating for resolution with other staff and departments as necessary.
- Schedules meetings and makes travel arrangements. Tracks and monitors status of pending items and follows up (in person, email or phone) as needed.
- Plans and coordinates all meetings.
- Takes meeting minutes and prepares them in a timely manner for approval and distribution.
- Organizes staff development events and activities including holiday parties and staff workshops.
- Reviews, prioritizes and distributes all incoming correspondence. Provides clerical support to Senior Vice President and prepares correspondence, reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Performs routine bookkeeping tasks such as reviewing, coding and processing invoices; preparing and processing various accounting documents such as Senior Vice President’s expense report.
- Organizes special services for VIPS including parking, arranges for campus tours, books conference rooms for meeting with the President and other requests.
- High School diploma required, undergraduate degree preferred.
- 2 to 3 years administrative and/or project management experience.
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills; ability to prepare presentations.
- Skilled in handling confidential and sensitive situations with discretion, diplomacy and tact.
- Successfully applies basic philosophical guidelines to complex, multi-faceted problems with thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to set and maintain priorities amid fluctuating workload and dynamic priorities.
- Expert level of skills operating personal computer hardware, word processing, spreadsheet and database software and general office equipment.
We will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the State of California Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Elite Placement Group specializes in full-time and temporary placement of administrative support, executive assistants, legal assistants, paralegals, general office support, receptionists, and human resources.
We offer full-time and temporary recruiting solutions to a wide variety of industries, including advertising, architectural, asset management, business management, commercial real estate, cpa/accounting, engineering, entertainment, executive search, fashion, foundations, investment banking, law firms, management consulting, media, non-profit organizations, property management, public relations, publishing, real estate investment trust, venture capital.
Please submit resume in Word or PDF format.
We will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements for the State of California Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.