Corizon Health is a pioneer and leading provider of correctional healthcare services across the United States with over 40 years of experience in the industry. The company has more than 11,000 employees in over 400 correctional facilities (jails and prisons). Corizon Health employs healthcare and support professionals, including nurses, physicians, dentists and behavioral healthcare providers. Because of the high rates of mental illness and the previously unmet medical needs of the inmate population, medical and behavioral health providers work together closely in an integrated healthcare delivery system. In addition to competitive compensation packages, the company provides you resources, training and advancement opportunities. Corizon Health also offers you a highly supportive and collaborative work environment and the opportunity for work-life balance.
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients we serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
As an Administrative Assistant at Lexington-Fayette Correctional Department, located in Lexington, Kentucky you will perform general administrative office assignments, medical record keeping and functions as a communications link to and within the healthcare unit:
- Process correspondence in a timely and systematic manner.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents accurately.
- Classify and file all documents to be maintained in the office in a retrievable system.
- Schedule meetings, appointments and work assignments to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate respect, concern and courtesy in all interpersonal communications.
- Monitors supplies, equipment and services required in the healthcare unit.
- Maintain skills and continue professional development to enhance the operations and image of the organization.
- Adhere to personnel policies to enhance the operation of the healthcare unit.
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
- At least 2 years of administrative experience or the equivalent of education and experience.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Ability to divide attention among several tasks and to prioritize tasks.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Corizon Health. Keywords: Medical Administrative Assistant, Location: Versailles, KY - 40384