From that first brick-and-mortar shop, Lakeshore has evolved into a leading developer and retailer of high-quality educational items for children from birth to sixth grade. It was established in 1954. It now has a flourishing e-commerce operation, a national sales division, catalogs, and 60 retail locations across the country, but it still considers itself to be '64 years young'—a company that continues to expand at a rapid pace. It credits this expansion to their team of more than 2,000 employees. Since 1988, Lakeshore has been creating cutting-edge goods. From first drawings and 3-D models to extensive research and classroom use, the creators bring Lakeshore products to life. It is providing career opportunities like Administrative Assistant, Events Coordinator, Retail Sales Associate, and more.
Lakeshore Learning Materials is one of the most innovative manufacturers of educational materials in the country. Specializing in top-quality products for the home and classroom, we are a thriving multichannel organization with a robust web business, multiple catalogs for early learning and elementary programs, over 60 store locations and a sales force that is second to none. Thanks to the daily contributions of the amazing people who make up our team, Lakeshore has experienced continuous growth since the day it was founded in 1954.
Have a passion for organization? Then we have something in common!
To help us keep our ducks in a row, Lakeshore's Sales Support Team in Carson could use the support of a full-time Administrative Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced environment! If you are an incredibly organized individual who wants to learn new skills in a challenging yet fun environment-and you have a passion for helping others and pitching in where needed-then don't pass up this opportunity! Lakeshore is a great place to work (if we do say so ourselves).
Got the skills and experience? Here's what we're looking for:
• 1+ years of experience in administrative support
• High school diploma or equivalent, but college degree preferred
• Proven proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel required
• Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced setting (extra points if you can actually juggle!)
• Quick learner with a super strong desire to help others
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Great attention to detail
• Egoless, collaborative approach to producing great work
And here's our end of the bargain!
• Competitive compensation based on skills and experience
• Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage-EPO, PPO and HSA
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
• Flexible benefits-choose what you like, ignore the rest
• Exceptional training and support, and all the resources you need to be successful
• Super-awesome annual profit bonus plan
• On-site preschool for our employees' children
• On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
• Generous employee discount
• Casual dress...and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know we couldn't do the extraordinary things we're doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work-it's a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we've got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we're constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you're a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent-not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren't equal, we all lose. INDPLL2