Facebook(stylized as facebook) is a for-profit corporation and online social networking service based in Menlo Park, California, United States. The Facebook website was launched on February 4, 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates, Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.The founders had initially limited the website's membership to Harvard students; however, later they expanded it to higher education institutions in the Boston area, the Ivy League schools, and Stanford University. Facebook gradually added support for students at various other universities, and eventually to high school students as well. Since 2006, anyone age 13 and older has been allowed to become a registered user of Facebook, though variations exist in the minimum age requirement, depending on applicable local laws. The Facebook name comes from the face book directories often given to United States university students.
Facebook is seeking an Architect experienced in the design of Critical Facilities to become part of our data center engineering team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. The data center design engineering team approaches facility design from the chips on the server boards to the facility mechanical and electrical distribution systems, which ensure and maximize efficiency of our compute infrastructure.
This position is full-time and located in our Fremont, CA office.
ARCHITECT, DATA CENTER DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with internal stake-holders to define project design criteria, develop Basis of Design, establish installation strategy, and lead technical scope reviews
- Develop a structured methodology and lead change management activities. Manage design standards and changes to global specification
- Technical leader managing the consultants to implement global programmatic retrofit designs
- Technical leader managing the contractor to ensure the project meets the business goals, technical needs, and contract terms
- Lead projects through schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administrative to support the project manager during construction. Tasks include but not limited to, responding to RFI’s, issuance of technical bulletins, review submittals and shop drawings, and conducting source inspections at vendor factories
- Review and coordinate update of data center 'as-built' documentation as re-configurations occur
- Provide review services to local data center operations teams
- Travel (~25% domestic and international) to data center sites for project review and site walks
- Licensed Architect
- Minimum of 10 years of professional architectural experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mission critical facility design, construction, operations, and maintenance
- Experience with retrofits in operational facilities
- Experience with industry standards, building codes and safety standards
- Experience with Revit/BIM or AutoCAD and Bluebeam
- Experience improving cost assessment and design through different applications
- Experience with cross-discipline teams to design critical facility systems
- Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with planning strategy and tactics
- Experience troubleshooting and using analytical skills to make decisions supported by data
- Owner’s representative experience
- PMP certification
- LEED accreditation
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .