Primary Location: Boston , Massachusetts
Relocation Offered: Yes
Employment Status: Full-Time
Do you want to work for a company that gives you opportunities to grow in a collaborative environment? How about working for a manufacturer with a rich history and even brighter future? Armstrong World Industries began over 150 years ago as a small cork-cutting shop in Pittsburgh, PA. From that small business, we became the leader in ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions that contribute to better, more inspiring buildings that make a difference in the lives of people where they work, play, learn, heal and live. At Armstrong World Industries you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Come build your future with us!
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI) has a job opportunity for an Architectural Sales Manager to focus on our top opportunities in the city of Boston. The Architectural Sales Manager will work with the largest architects to influence the specification and purchase of Armstrong commercial ceiling systems. In addition, the Architectural Sales Manager will be responsible for meeting or exceeding sales budget with regard to price, volume, and mix as well as partnering with other Armstrong sales reps to drive improved business results.
*Key Responsibilities of the Architectural Sales Manager:*
* Achieving territory's sales goals and growing the business by increasing market share, improving product mix, increase average unit price, sales, volume, mix, new products and closing major projects
* Influencing people who make the buying or selling decisions and have a positive influence on other's behavior
* Assisting architects and designers in writing specifications for Armstrong commercial ceilings, grid and wall systems
* Tracking projects with Armstrong Team members and distributors to establish plans for the sales of Armstrong products in these buildings
* Working with customers to comply with Armstrong specifications
* Growing the business and increasing market share by creating customer value and competitive advantage
* Learning and continuously improving through individual and team learning and development initiatives
*Required Qualifications of the Architectural Sales Manager:*
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 7+ years of related experience
* Demonstrated ability and experience to effectively manage multiple relationships and priorities
* Ability and experience to plan effectively, both short and long term
* Working knowledge and experience with construction, contracting and distribution
* Proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Windows applications
* Knowledge of specification sales, market segments, customers and distribution channels
*Desired Qualifications of the Architectural Sales Manager:*
* Experience with SalesForce
* Proven success in architectural selling
*Why Armstrong World Industries?*
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions. At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, Armstrong World Industries offers interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces. We built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
* Standard benefit package offerings: Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance
* Long term disability coverage
* Vacation and sick time
* Product discount programs
* 401k Match
*Equal Opportunity Employer: *AWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans
*Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters*
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact AWI employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
AWI will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to AWI, including unsolicited resumes sent to AWI via mail, email or in any form and/or method, including to AWI's resume database will be considered AWI property.
*AWI will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed AWI contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. *Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by AWI's Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager or his or her designee.