Memphis-based FedEx (Federal Express), a world class company, provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories through its segments: FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight, FedEx Office and FedEx Services. FedEx Express unit is the world's #1 express transportation provider, it invented express delivery as such, and delivers about 3.5 million packages daily in Europe, the Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa (EMEA). It maintains a fleet of about 690 aircraft and more than 50,000 motor vehicles and trailers. FedEx Ground provides small-package ground delivery in North America, while FedEx Freight hauls larger shipments. FedEx Office stores offer a variety of document-related and other business services and serve as retail hubs for other FedEx units. Throughout its long history, FedEx has been recognized for its renowned employee culture, providing a safe, diverse and rewarding environment. The company encourages its 450,000+ team members in sales, marketing, communications, information technology and customer services support to grow within the company and provide them with necessary tools to develop their careers. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, Federal Express established its operations in 1973.
Job Description Auto req ID: 221533BR
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Management
Job Summary Oversees the day-to-day and long-term operations and staff within a defined area(s) of a FedEx Ground (FXG) station or hub. Supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture. Responsible for ensuring safe and efficient package sortation through the management of Operations Managers overseeing Package Handlers and achieving successful customer-facing results by maintaining productive relationships with employees.
Essential Functions • Serves as a champion for FXG's Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives.
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, training, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the station or hub.
• Responsible for managing and assigning employees (primarily Operations Managers) to ensure the safe and efficient sortation of packages through the facility, minimizing operational cost and maximizing operational quality, including the movement, tracking and administration of trailers.
• Determines the work area's strategic goals and ensures quality, service, cost and productivity goals are achieved. Plans the work area strategy based on projected volume, head count, and other special circumstances and factors.
• Oversees daily visual inspections of loads to ensure proper quality for customers and/or vendors.
• Directs and guides Operations Managers to ensure common understanding of operational updates and daily goals for the work area.
• Ensures compliance with all FXG policies/procedures and applicable governmental regulations.
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs.
• Fosters a safety-conscious culture by serving as an advocate for safety compliance and safety initiatives.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education • High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or a related area preferred.
Minimum Experience • Two (2) years previous management or operational leadership experience required; or Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or a related area plus one (1) year of management/operational leadership experience.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure • Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
• Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups.
• Proven ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals.
• Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests and issues.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice.
• Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information.
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant technology-based projects, including various devices and computer-based applications.
% of Travel for the Position: 0%
Address: 5655 Hood Way
Zip Code: 95377
Domicile Location: P953
EEO Statement FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Operations
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution