As an Asset Protection Supervisor, you will support My Macy's Initiatives, Omni Channel Strategies and MAGIC and assist the Asset Protection Manager to ensure that our store operates efficiently and achieves our shortage goals. Your scope of responsibility will include protecting Company assets, managing Asset Protection payroll expense, supervising Asset Protection team and directing shortage initiatives, investigations and surveillances. Perform other duties as assigned. Essential Functions: Sales Implement, monitor, and manage store shortage prevention and awareness programs
Analyze shortage results and partner with the AP/LP Manager to formulate and implement effective preventative action plans
Manage and monitor internal and external case productivity and recoveries; conduct investigations when necessary
Assist AP Manager with managing payroll expense
Drive new programs and procedures to reduce shortage through training and developing AP team
Actively participate in internal and external theft investigations through use of systems and surveillance
Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness determined by audit results; work with AP Manager to ensure that all policies and procedures are thoroughly understood by AP and store team
Customer Role model MAGIC Selling behaviors and lead AP team to provide a customer centric experience
Clearly communicate store and Company objectives to ensure both Store Executives and Colleagues are informed and knowledgeable
Collaborate and engage with all Executives and Colleagues to make shortage awareness a priority
Maintain safety awareness and a safe shopping and work environment for customers and associates
Assist AP Manager with conducting audits; follow through on corrective action opportunities
People Assist AP Manager with the recruitment and selection of qualified Asset Protection Colleagues
Work with AP Manager to train, motivate, recognize and develop Asset Protection team to maximize business opportunities
Partner with AP Manager to address Colleague concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company
Provide input in to performance evaluations, ensuring Colleagues participate in the development of individual performance improvement plans
Advise on administration of Responsibility Based Performance
Make recommendations to AP Manager on Colleague promotion, advancement, talent development and termination
Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• Bachelor's degree preferred;
• A minimum of 1-3 years of leadership/supervisory position in Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Communication Skills:
• Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Mathematical Skills:
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Reasoning Ability:
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Physical Demands:
• This position may require regular walking, standing, hearing, talking, as well as stooping, kneeling, or crouching;
• Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Other Skills:
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Effective prioritizing and time management skills.
• Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
• Ability to build partnerships and direct teams.
• Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards. Work Hours:
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs. This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.