This position will perform various clerical activities including answering phone calls, directing calls to appropriate individuals, greeting and directing visitors and other additional clerical duties.
* Answer phone calls in a timely manner, provide appropriate information, transfer calls, and take messages when necessary
* Greet visitors as soon as they arrive and connect them with the appropriate party
* Maintain excel spreadsheets and create general correspondence
* Perform administrative duties as assigned by supervisor
* Ensure lobby area is unlocked and opened at the start of the business and closed and locked at the close of business
* Manage conference room scheduling, including Outlook calendars, booking events and etc.
* Perform other clerical functions such as ordering office supplies, updating employee directories on intranet, coordinating repair and maintenance on office machines, etc.
* No formal responsibility for supervising others
High School Diploma or GED5 years or more of experience as a receptionist or administrative assistantBusiness professional dress - A specific dress code policy applies to this position
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Strong multitasking abilities, detail-oriented and self-motivated
* Professional demeanor with both internal and external contacts including personal appearance and friendly, courteous treatment of peers, and people at all levels inside and outside the organization
* Proficient computer and data entry skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and the ability to learn CAT/MacAllister/Michigan Cat systems
* Ability to build and maintain effective customer and professional relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgment
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Good communication skills, including verbal, written and listening skills
* Ability to assist other employees and visitors anytime the need arises
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Transportation & Logistics||12.0%||67%||10%|
|Consulting & Upper Management||4.1%||57%||37%|