Boeing is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites, telecommunications equipment, and missiles worldwide. As one of the world's largest aerospace companies it also provides leasing and product support services. The company offers a multitude of career paths in the areas of Business, Cybersecurity, Data Science & Analytics, Engineering, IT and Manufacturing. As a workplace Boeing strives to provide a welcoming, respectful and engaging environment that is ideal for fostering innovation and for developing careers. Ongoing pay reviews are in place in order to ensure employees are compensated equitably, independent of race, gender or ethnicity. A wide range of benefits await you if you join, including market-leading health and retirement plans, generous tuition assistance, paid time off, and programs that support you and your family as well as your community.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is looking for an Assistant Chief Pilot to be a part of a team that is at the leading edge of flight safety, flight training and flight operations.
As an Assistant Chief Pilot, you will have the opportunity to work with professionals from across the industry and positively impact safety and operations of Boeing flight operations and those of our customers world-wide. In this high visibility position you will interact with pilots, managers, regulators, executives, peers, supporting team personnel, and Subject Matter Experts. You will be leading a group of high-performing instructor pilots within aircrew operations.There will be opportunities to act as pilot-in-command on flights, and to deploy to customers in an instructor capacity. The Aircrew Operations team is responsible for providing airplane flight training, in addition to extensive customer, industry and regulatory engagement.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Operates Boeing and customer aircraft as Pilot in Command and Instructor
- Manages, mentors, develops, and evaluates instructor pilots performing aircrew duties, including activities to prepare for and conduct safe flight operations
- Demonstrated the highest standards of crew resource management in the operation of aircraft
- Performs and manages activities to develop and conduct familiarization, qualification, standardization, flight and ground instruction for company and customer aircrew
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals
- Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with key industry stakeholders, regulatory authorities, industry bodies, peers, partners and direct reports
- Job requires FAA ATP and extensive airline training experience
Entry into this classification is limited to candidates approved by the enterprise-wide Flight Operations Skills Team. Appropriate regulatory certification and/or license required.Safety Sensitive:
This job must meet FAA Safety Sensitive requirements and is subject to random drug screeningWork Authorization:
Employer not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa statusRelocation:
This position offers relocation basedon candidate eligibilityRequired Qualifications:
Desired (but not required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Current FAA ATP
- Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
- Minimum 5000 hours total flight time
- Minimum 1000 hours instructor time in large turbine jet aircraft
- Possession of a passport or the ability to obtain one and travel both domestically and international
- International and transoceanic flight experience
- Proficiency with MS Office and effective communication and presentation skills
- Current B737, B787 or B777 type rating
- Experience as a FAA Part 121 Airline Instructor Pilot and/or Line Check Airman, or equivalent
- Management experience
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
This job was posted on Sun Jan 26 2020 and expired on Thu Feb 13 2020.