FirstService Residential is a provider of residential property management services. It oversees more than 7,000 residential and commercial associations across 21 US states and three Canadian provinces. It provides a wide variety of essential property services, from concierge through maintenance to security and more.The managed communities include condominiums and cooperatives, single-family homes, and rental and commercial properties. Career areas with the company include community services, community management, and corporate. Working for FirstService Residential, you will find opportunities for moving up the ladder, or across the continent. As a full-time associate, you will be offered a variety of benefits and perks to promote the wellbeing of you and your family.
Full Time - Regular
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
This position will assist in the management of the property in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards, as well as provide administrative support to the General Manager. This individual will have a thorough understanding of luxury living and applicable service standards. In addition, knowledge and skill in the areas of income/expense management and administration, physical facilities management and homeowner relations.
* Demonstrates superior customer service at all times and a genuine desire to serve with a professional demeanor and polished appearance at all times.
* Adheres to the company Mission Statement, Values and Global Service Standards of FirstService Residential.
* Creates the culture needed to enhance, promote and execute daily positive interaction among members of the building management team.
* Responsible for the preparation and distribution of home owner's manuals, New Homeowner Orientation meetings, daily property and amenity inspections, emergency procedures and other necessary formalized communication required for on-boarding new Residence Owners and new Associates
* Build a personal rapport/trust with all homeowners at the time of Orientation and throughout their residence, understanding likes/dislikes, personal preference and priorities relative to their high-rise living expectations
* Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to speak to all levels of clientele. Must have good listening skills with the ability to anticipate needs even before inquiry or request from Residence Owners.
* Ensures that resident and guest concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner. Reports any resident or guest dissatisfaction to General Manager.
* Responsible for supervising the Front Desk Concierge to ensure service standards are delivered to every Residence Owner.
* Responsible for training and/or on-boarding Front Desk Concierge and tracking their performance for a 90-day Performance Review and follow up opportunities.
* Oversees the tracking and response to home owners' service requests through Connect work order system
* Responsible for scheduling loading dock/service elevator for all move-in, move-out as well as other service elevator requests.
* Responsible for scheduling and managing the Guest Suites and Party Room reservations and ensuring the rooms are prepared for upcoming reservations.
* Maintains Preferred Vendor List and coordinates Certificate of Insurance (COI) requirements for any/all vendors requesting community access.
* Assists General Manager with resident communications re: delinquency and violation notifications
* Assists General Manager with monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, as well inputting of all financials to the Connect (timely and efficiently).
* Reviews, approves and maintains the utility billing reports and delinquent follow-up.
* Responsible for managing multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously in support of the General Manager, i.e. administrative work, mailings, staff meetings, on-boarding materials, updating and maintaining standard operating procedures.
* Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment in all common areas as well as heart of the house.
* Responds to emergency situations in a timely manner, recording/documenting all details of incident.
* Prepares Board Meeting Packets, attends and prepares the Meeting Minutes of all meetings of the Board of Directors, Monthly/Special/Annual
* Assists in preparation of Weekly Management Reports, Community Newsletter and other mass communications.
* Performs daily property inspections of residential common areas, including the Pool Deck, Fitness Center, Dog Run, Loading Dock, in and around assigned Retail area.
* Maintains current resident information in Connect (amenity reservations, vehicle, pets and visitor registrations). Communicates and updates the Front Desk Concierge of changes, in order to continuously delivery exceptional service and anticipate the needs of our customers.
* Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as directed by General Manager.
* Establishes and maintains industry contacts and relationships in the property's marketplace through involvement in trade organizations, property management and real estate associations and networking opportunities with vendor outreach and peer groups.
Operating Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Education/Training: High school diploma or equivalency required. BA/BS in Business Administration or related field preferred.
Experience/Knowledge/Abilities: Experience as an on-site manager managing the property or building operations, such as staff and service contracts, resident retention and resident improvements is preferred. Strong management/supervisory experience, working knowledge of customer service principles and practices along with time management and interpersonal skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity. Strong interpersonal skills.
Associated topics: assistant gm, captain, fire captain, fire marshal, general manager, police captain, police chief, project manager, sergeant, shift supervisor