Just missed a job?
Sign up and never miss an opportunity again!
Just missed a job?
Sign up and never miss an opportunity again!
To be an active supporter of the community vision and philosophies and FirstService Residential's commitment to client, staff and community. As a result of job performance, to promote client retention, employee retention, and the advancement of the client in terms of its image, visibility, and reputation. This position directly supports and reports to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Work closely with the General Manager and the Board of Directors to plan and implement the strategic plan, goals and objectives.
* Assist in the implementation of the stated priority goals/issues and business plans of the client.
* Assist in managing all agreements to ensure that they are executed and implemented appropriately between all organizations and that the financial obligations are accurately recorded.
* Ensure adherence to association policies and procedures, and compliance with corporate, civil code, and state and federal obligations.
* Has direct reporting responsibility for the Receptionist and administrative support in the Management office, including directing work, managing performance and taking appropriate disciplinary action, if necessary.
* Responsible for the approval of time sheets and requests for time off and vacation for staff. Will plan and schedule for adequate coverage.
* Works with the GM and is responsible for the training, counseling and professional advancement of staff under your responsibility (Org Chart).
* In the General Manager absence, ensure all board documents and packets are prepared in accordance with governing documents and Civil Code, posted and delivered properly.
* Oversight responsibility to ensure Board Minutes are completed accurately by the CSM and filed per the Civil Code.
* Responsible for the oversight of all association committees.
* Responsible for billing and invoice processing to FirstService Residential.
* Meeting frequently with the General Manager.
* Oversee subcontractors' adherence to specifications and that work is completed in accordance with client standards.
* Assist the General Manager in providing leadership at each meeting in terms of agenda support, written and oral reports as requested on designated items, and summarize the priorities of each meeting as it relates to the community.
* Maintain awareness of homeowners' community desires.
* Responsible for board and committee meeting preparation and composing minutes and meeting follow-up/actions.
* Newsletter design, editor and coordination; membership roster and records oversight
* Association website development and management.
* Supports and assist in hiring, training and supervising all direct or indirect staff in accordance to FirstService Residential policies.
* Assess and monitor community needs: identify opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures and developing new programs.
* Actively manage customer and staff problems and issues, making appropriate decisions consistent with company policies, procedures and practice.
* Recommend, develop and roll-out any programs or initiatives which would increase operational effectiveness, efficiency and cost reduction.
* Attend and participate in professional group meetings. Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in fields of community management and community programming.
* Schedule and attend staff touch base and staff function meetings.
* Assist in annual budget preparation and ensure adherence to association budget.
* Participate in reviewing association policies on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with civil code, declaration and other requirements of governing institutions.
* Attend all company mandatory functions.
* Will act on behalf of the General Manager in their absence.
* Comply with company policies and procedures.
* Maintain a petty cash fund and reconcile fund; same for The Parkhouse petty cash fund.
* Must work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name; title or other respectable identifier, and; respecting in the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
* Other duties as deemed necessary.
Direct responsibility for lead customer service agent and front desk staff, including hiring, firing, and performance management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Strong leadership and team building skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities
* Ability to manage multiple staff members
* Excellent communication skills
* Promotes collaboration
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The Assistant General Manager will portray, but is not limited to, the following capabilities/ qualifications.
* Has a minimum of 3-5 years of successful management experience.
* Is committed to continual learning as evidenced by attendance at seminars, industry programs, either as an attendee or as a guest speaker.
* Displays strong written skills so as to be able to publish appropriate documentation as directed to create the legacy for the association; particularly in the area of administration.
* Be well spoken so as to instill confidence in the residents that reside within the community as well as the public that may interact through designated programs and issues.
* Displays a community posture that well represents the vision of association.
* Understands bidding and maintenance practices.
* In brief, the following qualities are of necessity for this job position:
o Management decision-making capabilities.
o Strategic planning capabilities.
o Demonstrates public charisma as evidenced by proven leadership skills.
o Has a proven track record working with Volunteer Committees and elected or appointed Board(s) of Directors.
o Is technology literate.
o Has business/management experience.
o Demonstrates good client interaction and visibility.
o Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
o Comprehension and attainment of all areas of the following skills: financial, written, verbal, negotiations, thoroughness, procedural comprehension and compliance.
o Excellent problem solver; demonstrates ability to use creative alternatives.
o Assertive, PR oriented.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certified Community Association Manager preferred
Valid California Driver's license including State mandated vehicle insurance
FirstService Residential is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Company - Private
$500M to $1B
Real Estate/Property Mgmt
Chuck M. Fallon