Genuine Parts Company (GPC) distributes automotive replacement parts, industrial parts, and business products. The Atlanta, Georgia-based firm runs a network of operations across the globe. Driven by its commitment to just-in-time service, GPC strives to set the standards for performance. They endeavor to create an environment where employees can grow and succeed in their careers. So, the company offers a variety of benefit options such as medical, dental, and vision plans, discounted auto and home insurance, and more. Plus, if giving back is important to you, you can make a difference in the community on GPC's paid volunteer days. The company offers corporate, retail and sales, driver, and warehouse positions with development opportunities.
Imagine the position to use your automotive or customer service expertise with both our wholesale and retail customers on a daily basis, serve as a leader to your teammates, and lead NAPA to be the dominant parts supplier in the market. If this sounds like you, NAPA is looking for a passionate Assistant Store Manager. This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Enjoy creating a superior customer service experience to achieve maximum market penetration, drive store growth, increase sales and profitability
- Know how to provide daily leadership and create and sustain a culture of employee engagement
- Know the importance of partnering with your teammates in order to drive company owned store initiatives
- Care about people and profit
- Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career the opportunities are endless!
- A Day in the life:
- Lead a successful team, support the store manager, and manage in our fast-paced retail stores
- Manage store operations to maximize sales, profits and customer service
- Build, coach, train and engage crew team to deliver superior levels of customer care and business results
- Inventory protection, asset management, operational and safety issues
- Overall cleanliness and readiness of delivery vehicles, sales floor, stock room and outside areas
- Drive NAPA operational and marketing programs while steering toward continuous improvement in processes and procedures
- Grow customer relationships, help with sales/service questions, and ensure a positive experience both in the store and on the phone
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical or trade school courses or degree completion.
- Experience in the automotive after-market service industry or hobby/DIY world, or at least the willingness to learn all things automotive.
- Passion for delivering customer care and building long term relationships
- Thrive off of working in a very fast paced and complex environment.
- Knowledge of cataloging and/or inventory management systems
- Ability to lift 60lbs in some situations
- And if you have this, even better:
- Background and/or passion for automotive industry, heavy equipment, farm industry, diesel, marine, or dealership.
- Experience in a parts store, auction, retail store, auto body/collision, or fast food/restaurant/convenience store management experience
- Entirely customer-centric (external/internal)
- ASE Certifications
- NAPA Know How
- Why NAPA may be the right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you dont think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPCs policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.