Forever 21 is a family-owned, American-only fast fashion retailer headquartered in Los Angeles, CA. It operates over 700 stores in the Americas, Asia, the Middle East and the UK. The brand is known for its trendy offerings and low pricing, selling accessories, beauty products, home goods and clothing for women, men and children. The company is always on the lookout for talented individuals eager to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Forever 21 offers multiple opportunities for career development and advancement, and have robust internal transfer procedures which support individuals who wish to explore job opportunities outside of their current expertise.
Assistant Store Manager, Visual - Fox Valley Mall #763
0763 - F21 - Fox Valley Mall - Aurora, IL 60504 US (Primary)
Group (Job Type)
High School or equivalent
Retail - Field Operations
Job Description Want more than just a job?
Join Forever 21’s Retail Operations Team and showcase your fashion retail skills while working with our exceptional retail staff! Position:
Assistant Store Manager, Visual Department:
Remote-Store Operations Reports to:
Store Manager Direct Reports:
Yes FLSA Status:
1068 Fox Valley Center Dr., Space #G08, Aurora, IL 6050 Job Purpose:
The Assistant Store Manager, Visual will provide leadership and direction to the store merchandising team, in partnership with the District Leadership. Through the creation of long-term strategies and leading company initiatives, the Assistant Store Manager, Visual will ensure maximum productivity, profitability, operational excellence in compliance with company procedures to create the highest quality in-store experience. Deliverables:
- Manage merchandising, floor set planning and execution, replenishment, launches, updates, planning and execution, shipment, loss prevention, and service.
- Develop the plan for floor set, then translate it into implementation steps and directs the other store leaders and Associates to execute the plan
- Oversee all window execution, installs, and styling of all window and interior mannequins.
- This includes making presentation adjustments based on store design type and assortment levels
- Analyze field merchandise reports and makes necessary product placement/adjustments based on selling and field merchandise reports
- Train, coach and direct Associates on merchandise handling, shipment processing, merchandise presentation, and visual techniques as needed
- Lead overall store earnings by driving top line sales and managing controllable contribution practicing Leader on Duty tasks
Job Requirements Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must have at least 2 to 4 years of retail management experience.
- Prior retail store leadership experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree or relevant technical or vocational training preferred
- Must be skilled in leadership, coaching, and training, sales generation, strategic planning, authentic customer service, communication, conflict resolution, business acumen, time management, and POS and other retail software proficiency
- Must be able to provide feedback, develop others, embrace and lead change, and make decisions under ambiguity
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able act with integrity and professionalism to ensure that all business is conducted without bias or prejudice
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, and work with cleaning chemicals
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which may include closing, weekend, and holiday shifts