Cincinnati State can trace its origins to the Cincinnati Cooperative School of Technology (CCST), a two-year technical institute for high school graduates that was established by the Cincinnati Board of Education in 1966. The function of the school was to train technicians in a program combining college-level classroom instruction and cooperative work experience. This program operated in a portion of the facility at 3520 Central Parkway, which at the time was also the home to Courter Technical High School and former home to Central High School. In its first year, the college offered only four degree programs.
Assistant Teacher, William Mallory Early Learning Center
Employer Technical and Community College is seeking an Assistant Teacher for the William Mallory Early Learning Center. Under general supervision from a designated administrator, assist the lead teacher in planning and implementing an educational program for assigned children, ages 3 months to 5 years.
* Maintain promptness and notifies Director of impending absence.
* Report child or Center management problems to Director promptly
* Assist teacher in setting up and maintaining a safe, healthy, nurturing environment for children.
* Maintain neat, clean appearance and dress appropriately for interaction with the children.
* Maintain a communicative relationship with young children in the expression of needs and feelings, which will foster the development of positive self-concepts.
* Cooperate with all staff for the benefit of a solid program.
* Participate and contribute to staff meetings.
* Maintain shared areas in an orderly fashion.
* Attend in-service training and keep abreast of current issues in early childhood education.
* Act as an "ambassador" for the Center while maintaining an overall positive attitude about the Center and its members.
* Observe all policies of the Center and adhere to the Ohio Association for the Education of Young Children Code of Ethics.
* Flexible to changes in hours or duties as necessary to maintain proper, successful operation of the Center.
* Assist Lead Teacher in maintaining necessary records and paperwork.
* Responsive, creative and professional in developing a positive relationship with parents. Refer parents to Lead Teacher or Director as necessary.
* Perform additional duties as requested by the Lead Teacher or Director.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum six months of work experience in the Early Childhood Education field.
* 20 hours of college credits in Early Childhood Education.
* Excellent interpersonal skills orally and written with demonstrated ability to communicate/interact effectively with a diverse professional, staff, community and student population.
* Professional demeanor with staff and students. Act as a positive role model for students.
* Self-motivated team player with an emphasis on customer service for internal and external customers. Maintain a philosophy of integrity and confidentiality.
* Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
* Demonstrates commitment to student success.
* Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
Reports To: Director, William Mallory Early Learning Center
Position Level: Assistant Teacher
Comp. Range: $8.55
Contract Affiliation: Non-Bargaining
Status: Part-time (no more than 29 hours per week)
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Employer Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.