JM Family Enterprises is a privately held company with $16 billion in revenue and more than 4,200 associates. It was founded by Jim Moran in 1968 and has a strong culture and core values. JM Family is in the business of helping others succeed and is investing in the companies, associates, and communities. The family of the company includes Southeast Toyota Distributors, JM&A, World Omni Financial Corp, and JM Lexus. JM Family has earned various awards for its culture, products, and services and served 23 years with Fortune's 100 Best Companies. JM Family is driven by exceptional Customer service as the employees of the company are reserve 24/7 in solving clients' problems.
OverviewSoutheast Toyota Distributors
is the world\u2019s largest independent distributor of Toyotas. The company was established in 1968 when Jim Moran partnered with Toyota Motor Sales to help expand the automaker\u2019s presence in the U.S. market. Today, Southeast Toyota distributes vehicles, parts and accessories to more than 177 independent Toyota dealerships in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. The company helps its dealers sell more than 20 percent of all Toyotas in the nation through innovative sales and marketing programs, customer service, accessory development, fleet sales, and transportation and logistics. Job Description
The Associate Data Analyst will partner closely with our Operations and Production teams at our three vehicle processing facilities. The Analyst will analyze, connect patterns/trends and present available data on incoming and historical product. This logistical and operational information will enable short/long term planning and operational goals to be determined. In addition, the Analyst will collect information from other subject matter experts to resolve issues within vehicle processing.
Our ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in Tableau, Cognos, Excel and Google Sheets in order to provide information, reporting, and problem-solving to various Southeast Toyota departments, ie. VPC Operations, Distribution, Accounting, Sales, IT. Superb customer service skills will enable the Analyst to work effectively with internal and external partners.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Job RequirementsMinimum Requirements:
- Collect and analyze data to provide short and long term work plan reporting for our three Vehicle Processing Centers (VPC\u2019s): Westlake, Commerce, and Talleyrand
- Support internal customers on requirements including Cognos report queries and study of incoming data for problem solving
- Create headcount analysis, projection reporting, and provide recommendations for labor sharing among shops and VPC\u2019s based on forecasted production volumes
- Develop interactive tools and performing general maintenance in Tableau, Cognos, Excel, and Google Sheets to track product needs.
- Present and train key stakeholders on data analysis project results and interactive tools.
- Connect patterns/trends to communicate and develop theories on vehicle flow, accessory volume, headcount and proactively work with Operations to communicate vehicle delays/transport concerns
- Lead liaison and report generator for vehicle tracking, analysis of rail and ship arrival schedules, work capacity, and dealer accessory changes
- Provide strategic vision and partners with various business units to assist with strategic initiatives based around process redesign that leverages technology solutions
- Function as lead generator of daily and monthly reports
- Work to minimize non-value added time by automating reporting
- Regularly strive to find innovative solutions for problems, issues, and information requests
- Other tasks & projects as required.
- Associate\u2019s degree
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite Programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational skills and detail oriented with ability to prioritize multiple job responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, fast paced environment with aggressive project deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, a proactive problem solving approach and be able to develop and work in spreadsheet applications
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings and present with a variety of target audiences
- Dependability with excellent negotiation, customer service and conflict resolution skills are required to be successful in this position
- Ability to understand and document customer requirements for processes that may not be familiar
- Exhibit flexibility and capacity to learn new job functions and take on projects as requested
- Bachelor\u2019s degree
- Basic understanding of the automotive industry
- Tableau, Cognos Query and Report Studio or similar Business Intelligence and Performance Management application experience
- Knowledge of SQL and mainframe experience
- Familiarity with process improvement techniques, tools and strategies such as Six Sigma, TQM, Lean or Kaizen