Join us and contribute to our mission to build a transformative life science company that provides enabling technologies for scientists to bring the miracles of science to life.
Maravai LifeSciences is seeking an Associate Director, EH&S who will manage EH&S programs for multiple companies under the Maravai LifeSciences organization. The primary duties will involve effectively managing and mitigating exposure while creating vision and strategy that is in alignment with core company values. The Associate Director is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and auditing EH&S functions to ensure EH&S compliance with Federal, State and local regulations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all written EH&S programs and policies for a growing organization in multiple States in accordance with OSHA, Cal-OSHA, USEPA and/or corporate standards and in compliance with applicable laws
- Develop, implement and coordinate an EH&S program and an all-encompassing safety culture that helps improve employee engagement, reduce business risks and guide personnel in continuous improvement initiatives regarding EH&S policies
- Analyze and manage safety metrics, create record keeping management system and audit processes to ensure compliance with national and local regulations.Development of a corporate audit program for identification of facility/jobsite hazards and risks to prevent injuries, spills or other H&S impacts and to ensure compliance with customer-specific safety and environmental standards and government regulations.
- Manage and review near miss incidents, lost-time injuries and/or illnesses, review investigative reports, manage Workers Compensation investigations
- Manage emergency planning and emergency teams
- Prepare & submit regulatory reports to local, state, federal & corporate entities as required.
- Ensure programs meet all Federal, State, country and local regulatory & licensing and policy requirements, and include assessed site EH&S risks and management of compliance calendars and actions
- Preparation and implementation of all environmental permits, reports, training and related requirements.
- Ensure effective training programs for plant equipment and related processes to ensure safety assessments are completed and issues are addressed.
- Review, develop and implement EH&S best practices to improve compliance
- Promote a culture of safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters, and/or specific training programs.
- Oversees, trains and assists area managers, safety team members, etc. to complete audits, safety reviews, etc.
- Instruct training as needed
- Availability to travel up to 30% of the time
- B.S. in Environmental/Occupational Health and Safety, Physical and/or Life Science or Certification such as CSP, CHMM, CIH; Master degree preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in EH&S with Life Science and laboratory focus
- In depth understanding of CAL-OSHA, CAL-EPA, DOT, NFPA and workers compensation regulations
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and interpersonal skills
- Experience with implementation/execution of ISO related standards
- Safety Management
Maravai LifeSciences is a rapidly growing biotech firm in San Diego, CA that offers a competitive wages and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and retirement plan.
Maravai LifeSciences is an EEO employer.
Associated topics: climate, diligence, ehs, environment, health and safety, osha, recycle, safety, safety specialist, sewage