This position assists customers in ordering parts and supports the growth of MacAllister Parts Sales, which provides parts to walk and/or call-in heavy equipment and engine customers. Representative duties include providing customer service and parts orders assistance to walk and/or call-in customers and the heavy equipment and engine service departments; locating parts and ordering them over the computer; processing all backorders and returns for customers and service departments; increasing profits by recognizing potential sales opportunities and capitalizing on them; providing PSSR’s and EMC’s with sales leads; process credit card orders.
- Provides customer service to establish a positive, cooperative, working relationships with customers by assisting walk and/or call-in customers and internal departments with parts related issues, including ordering parts on the computer; back-ordering parts on the computer; assessing appropriate restocking charges; suggesting associated replacement parts and new product ideas; and providing product support literature.
- Maintains the counter sales area, including keeping the area clean and organized to ensure safe working conditions and maintaining the cash drawer.
- Assists in accomplishing the department’s financial goals by recognizing potential sales opportunities, including suggesting associated replacement parts; suggesting new product ideas; providing sales leads to PSSR’s and EMC’s; and sharing responsibility for all results, including profitability, customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction.
- Develops a cooperative and positive working relationship with other department employees to ensure quality work is being performed and schedules are being met.
- Maintains a good working relationship with Caterpillar to resolve customer complaints and internal departments, to assure customer satisfaction.
- Process parts warranty claims.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or the equivalent with some formal computer training preferred.
- 1-2 years of work related experience in a parts, field service or shop repair environment as a mechanic, field technician, foreman, parts counter person, etc. or the equivalent. Some Caterpillar and customer service experience is preferred.
- Good communication skills, including excellent listening, strong verbal, good non-verbal and basic written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills; good prospecting skills; and the ability to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Strong decision-making skills with good creative thinking skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and a good ability to administer warranties and interpret and apply policies, procedures and guidelines.
- A good knowledge of the product market with a strong respect for the Caterpillar influence and a basic knowledge of the product with a working knowledge of the product’s location on the machine and the product’s function and service interval requirements.
- An excellent ability to operate industry specific database, PC and main frame programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including influence, negotiation, coaching and counseling.
- A good ability to manage conflict and project management skills with a basic ability to manage change.
- Excellent cash handling skills and the ability to use G.E.T. and undercarriage conversion guides. [PSK Books]
- The ability to operate a fork lift safely and efficiently.
- The ability to work overtime and be on-call as needed, including weekends.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)