The staff accountant is responsible for managing and processing day-to-day transactions related to private contributions, cash receipts, and credit cards for Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA). This position reports to the Accounting Manager and frequently interacts with other members of the General Accounting and Finance department. This position is critical to ensuring timely, efficient, and accurate recording of financial transactions which are the basis for all financial reporting and analysis for these organizations. This role is one of the first lines of defense to verify compliance with Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) policies and internal controls, identify errors and facilitate correction.
- Corporate Credit Card Administrator
Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) corporate credit card program is critical to ensuring that its employees are able to do their jobs domestically and internationally. Corporate credit card expenses comprise a significant portion of Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) monthly expenses and transaction volume. Proper recording of these transactions is critical to providing high quality financial reports to management and outside stakeholders. Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) can also earn financial rebates through achievement of "spend" levels on the corporate card program. Proficiency is measured based on monthly transaction reviews, annual audits, level of support and intervention, and by the responsiveness, efficiency and accuracy of support to corporate card holders.
- Manage month end closing procedures for credit card transactions.
- Import individual card holder's transactions from Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) on-line credit card system to the general ledger.
- Review transactions for appropriate coding, documentation and approval in compliance with Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) policies.
- Import monthly P-card transactions from SunTrust ESP system to the general ledger.
- Follow up with corporate card holders and supervisors in a timely manner as necessary to resolve discrepancies found.
- Serve as administrator to the on-line credit card system including system security, user access, and troubleshooting.
- Provide training and troubleshooting to all corporate card holders on how to use Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) on-line credit card system.
- Ensure that Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA)on-line credit card system is updated regularly with appropriate coding.
- Processor of Cash Receipts Raiser's Edge
Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) cash receipts cycles are an important element of its day-to-day processing. Appropriate recording has a significant impact of each agency's cash flows, budgeting, and internal and external reporting. Also, as the individual who views and processes all individual/private cash transactions this role is imperative for consistency as well as fraud and error prevention. Proficiency is measured through incidence of errors noted in reviews by the Accounting Manager and others, including auditors, and how efficiently the month-end close is performed.
- Ensure that source documents used for cash receipts processing have appropriate coding and approval in accordance with each agency's revenue recognition policies.
- Prepare deposits.
- Process semi-monthly contribution batches in MIP and reconcile with bank activity. Ensure that all cash receipts agree to each month's cash reporter.
- Handle all cash receipts in accordance with internal control policies and procedures and safeguard contributions and other payments to Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA).
- Ensure that all cash receipts are entered into the general ledger timely for both agencies.
- General Accounting and Finance Support
- Interpret finance policies and provide coding assistance and instruction to Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) staff
- PrepareCorus International monthly bank reconciliations.
- Take on other analysis and projects as assigned by the Director of Finance
- Provide support for Corus International annual audit and Form 990 preparation.
- Make recommendations for process improvements and participate in various initiatives to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Serve as key contact for staff for all credit card support and inquiries.
- Serves as a back-up for AR cash reimbursements and month end close duties.
- Prepare daily cash forecast to assist with Corus International cash and investment management.
- Perform MIP V Raiser's Edge reconciliation on a monthly basis to ensure revenue is recognized appropriately by restriction code and line object.
- Import Raiser's Edge data into Phoenix on a weekly basis to capture designated funds activities.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Associate degree or bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, or related field.
- Three or more years of experience with data entry (accounts payable, accounts receivable and journal vouchers) into a general ledger system, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Abila MIP Fund Accounting Software preferred.
- Competency in multi-string general ledger accounts and associated reporting.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Professional integrity, initiative, dependability, and commitment to excellence.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.