Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc., founded in 1920. It is a universal producer and wholesaler of fire protection goods. Reliable manufactures has the best condition and latest fire sprinklers, valves, and exceptional systems in the market; issues a complete range of best in class system parts; and backs it up with foremost customer service. Reliable's 450,000 sq. ft. production area and corporate headquarters are located in Liberty, SC, with local sales and shipping centers based throughout the US and throughout the world. Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc., offers a complete suite of benefits to promote the health and financial security of their employees by providing them Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Health Care facilities.
Automation Controls Engineer
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. is a world leader in the manufacture of fire sprinklers and related system valves as well as a major distributor of a full line of fire sprinkler system components and fabricated piping solutions to the fire sprinkler industry since 1920. Today, Reliable is in its fourth generation of Fee Family leadership and has many employees who have served more than 25 years, enhancing its family atmosphere and its ability to offer significant stable, long-term career opportunities.
Are you interested in being part of team who plays a crucial role of the fire protection industry's goal of saving lives and reducing property damage? We have an opportunity for you!
Job Summary: The Automation Controls Engineer designs, builds, and programs the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs
- Draws up plans using computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods and properties
- Analyzes customer requirements and develops electrical products by researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling sprinkler components
- Responsible for programming robots and drives
- Provides production support to analyze and suggest solutions
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing equipment
- Proficient with network data transfer methodologies for PLC data collection
- Design, install, and maintenance of manufacturing execution systems
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods and analyzing data
- Responsible for making sure projects meet electrical safety regulations per NEC codes
- Works closely with outside vendors regarding ordering equipment etc.
- Develops quotations for new machinery for Capital Budget projects
- Manages Capital projects through inception to final turnover to Production
- Troubleshoots electrical issues with machinery using plc software and tools to check hardware issues.
- Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe condition or practice to your supervisor.
- Performs other duties as directed
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding organization and documentation skills
- Ability to analyze complex problems and assess possible solutions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prioritize and complete a variety of task in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal, written and reading comprehension skills
- Possess a strong commitment to team environment while working well with others
- Ability to set priorities and adjust work schedule as needed.
- Well-versed in analyzing and interpreting data
- Knowledge in plc software (ladder logic), vision systems, and motor drives
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, principles, and engineering technology
- Working knowledge of general manufacturing assembly equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCad, Access, PLC programming, drive software, HMI programming
- Knowledge in data collection concepts and data storage and retrieval
- The physical environment requires the employee to work mostly in a climate controlled environment.
- Required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials when needed.
- Occasional travel is required
- Ability to be punctual and attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- The person in this position needs to wear appropriate safety clothing and shoes when needed. This includes a need for safety glasses, and steel toe shoes etc.
- Must be able to stand for 30 % of the time
- Occasionally will be expected to lift large equipment not to exceed 30 pounds
- Capability to wear appropriate Arc Flash gear when troubleshooting live circuits.
- Bachelor's Degrees in Electrical Engineering and/or Related Field
- 7-10 + years of experience in Electrical Engineering
- Familiar and working knowledge of manufacturing execution systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler., Inc. recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro