ABB is a supreme technology company worldwide that quickens the transformation of society and industry to get a more productive and sustainable future. ABB is a Swish- Swedish multinational company. The headquarters of ABB are located in Zurich, Switzerland and Vasteras, Sweden. ABB operates specifically in robotics, power, heavy electrical equipment and automation technology areas. ABB has been a Fortune 500 company worldwide and is ranked 341st in the Fortune Global 500 list of 2018. ABB was founded in 1883 by Ludvig Fredholm. ABB was formed when ASEA and BBC Brown Boveri merged together on August 10, 1987. ABB started expanding in Central and Eastern Europe in the early 1990s. Bjorn Rosengren is the CEO of ABB. ABB enables its customers to generate, transmit and distribute electricity efficiently to increase productivity in commercial and utility operations all around the world. Today, ABB research centres are expanding all over the world and developing ways to power society without consuming the earth.
ABB Inc., in Ohio is seeking an Automotive Tier One Territory Sales Manager to join our Robotics and Motion team, the first major global industrial robotics manufacturer to produce robots in the United States. ABB is the leading supplier of industrial robots, modular manufacturing systems and service and has installed more than 250,000 robots worldwide.
Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)
The Automotive Tier One Territory Sales Manager and business development, responsible to cover the T1 customers for the Robotics Division's business in Ohio region, and ABB market share. The overall responsibility is to generate and follow up on robot and robot systems leads and develop ABB's business with end customers and System Integrators for robotic products, systems, and services.
Typical duties / responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Develop and implement plan to penetrate target list of Auto Tier 1 customers in the territory.
* Identify, qualify, acquire, and develop 2-3 capable and successful channel partners in the territory.
* Establishes and develops account relationships based on a defined strategy. Acts as focal point for problem resolution and monitors customer claims. Plans, facilitates and conducts customer negotiations.
* Submit complete and accurate proposal and forecast information.
* Utilize value base selling techniques with customers and demonstrate Return on Investment sales approach to key customers.
* Creates added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach. Communicates details in accordance with ABB strategy.
* High School Diploma or GED AND 9 years of experience in sales, engineering, automation, OR
* Associate's Degree AND 7 years of experience in sales, engineering, automation, OR
* Bachelor's Degree AND 5 years of experience in sales, engineering, automation.
* Position requires the ability to travel 70%+ of the time during a typical workweek.
* Experience in selling automation, preferably robots and robotic automation systems for a variety of applications for Automotive Tier 1 customers.
* Ability to work with a variety of levels of customer personnel from Management to Labor.
* Ability to professionally and technically represent ABB in front of customers
* Proven ability to develop and maintain large and small customer accounts
* Proven in a matrix sales organization and ability to work autonomous
* Readiness to do what it takes to develop a customer base, including cold calls if necessary.
* Computer proficiency to include MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Candidates must have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-###-####.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-###-#### or by sending an email to ...@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contract type: Regular/Permanent Business unit: Business Unit Robotics
Date posted: 2018-04-14 Job function: Sales Publication ID: US64890880_E2
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
Associated topics: branch manager, director of sales, manager, manager of sales, principal, regional sales manager, sales director, sales leader, shift lead, team lead