Engility was launched in 2012 as an independent company made up of leading businesses within L-3's Government Services segments: including MPRI, Command & Control Systems and Software (C2S2), Global Security & Engineering Solutions (GS&ES), Linguist Operations & Technical Support (LOTS) and Engility Corporation and International Resources Group (IRG).
SAIC is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Avionics Engineerin our Los Angeles Air Force Base in El Segundo, CA. The Independent Readiness Review Team (IRRT) ensures that the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) space vehicles, launch vehicles, and ground control systems were built properly to perform reliably over the system s mission life. The SMC Commander (SMC/CC) established the IRRT. The SMC Engineering Directorate (EN) maintains the IRRT to provide an independent assessment of program risks and risk mitigation options to SMC leadership for designated SMC launch vehicles, space vehicles, and ground control systems. The IRRT acts independently from the programs under its review, and the SMC Commander is the final authority for directing and authorizing reviews by the IRRT. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- He/she will support the avionics panel by providing technical assistance in the area of launch vehicle avionics hardware systems.
- This includes technical evaluation and risk assessments of guidance and navigation hardware, thrust vector control, attitude control, electrical power, electrical distribution, electrical interfaces, telemetry, tracking, command, communications, and sensors.
- This includes evaluation of the design, development, analysis and testing of radio frequency and digital and analog electronic circuits, units and systems, and aspects of hardware in other technical areas (Parts, Materials and Processes).
- Evaluate risk in the area of test and evaluation, to include system test procedures, test results, system and subsystem environmental tests, configuration management, ground support equipment (GSE), system checkout procedures, launch operations, orbital operations, software, system interfaces, post flight analysis, test range instrumentation support and planning, ground and flight safety, and security.
- Technical evaluations and risk assessments in the area of product assurance include quality assurance/manufacturing, reliability, parts/materials/ processes control, contamination/corrosion control, and a comparison of the adequacy of the product for performance and build quality against design disclosure and fleet norms.
- Provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS), including subject matter expertise (SME), in support of IRRT mission areas as directed in SMC-G-1201, SMC-G-1202, SMC-G-1203, and SMC-G-1204. Support IPTs in developing draft charts in support of Readiness Reviews described in those guides.
- Perform peer reviews as a member of the technical panel on space vehicles, control segments, and launch vehicles developed by SMC s prime contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Physical Science or related field and 9+ years of related work experience
- 15+ years of hands-on design, code, build or test experiences Navigation and Control analysis experience.
- Industry experience with launch vehicle avionics.
- Experience conducting technical evaluation and risk assessments in the area of product assurance including quality assurance/manufacturing, reliability, parts/materials/ processes control, and contamination/corrosion control
- a comparison of the adequacy of the product for performance and build quality against design disclosure and fleet norms.
- Familiarity with SMC-G-1201, SMC-G-1202, SMC-G-1203, and SMC-G-1204.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Prior Air Force SMC program experience
- Circuits or Flight Computer analysis experience
About Engility:Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U. S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. EEO Statement:Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U. S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here.