Firefly Aerospace Inc. (“Firefly”) is headquartered in Texas. Its mission is to provide convenient and affordable access to space by the manufacture, design, and operation of launch vehicles. It is offering career opportunities for the wire harness design engineer, project manager, mechanical design engineer, electrical engineer, systems engineer, production assembler, software engineer, electrical engineer, software simulation engineer, software test engineer, and many more positions.
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly is a U.S. based advanced space technology developmental organization focusing on the leading edge of space systems progression. We are straight up, easy to deal with, put people first and avoid bureaucracy company. If you are someone who is good at what you do and would like to work with people who really want to make a difference, then this is the place for you.
Firefly Aerospace is continuing to lay the framework for internally building world class launch vehicles and are seeking a motivated individual to drive Avionics for the Alpha flight vehicle and test instrumentation. If you’re well organized, love Avionics and enjoy a good challenge this is a great opportunity to impact the future. This job exposes you to the full spectrum from raw cable through integrated harnesses to troubleshooting vehicle level Avionics anomalies.
- Assist in the build, operation, and maintenance of electronic devices and instrumentation systems for both developmental and flight requirements
- Calibrate, test, troubleshoot, and repair flight instrumentation, data acquisition systems, and electrical systems
- Perform test to identify defects in electronic assemblies using digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, spectrum analyzers, and related test equipment
- Diagnose, repair, and document instrumentation and system malfunctions
- Read and interpret planning documents, process controls, schematics, wiring diagrams, specifications, drawings, manuals, blueprints, and engineering sketches
- Provide feedback to engineering on design improvements and troubleshooting results
- Perform cable terminations, routing, securing, installation, and/or testing of flight harnessing and hardware
- Minimum 2 years of industry related experience
- Experience working with hand tools and various crimping tools in a professional capacity; soldering of wires & connectors, operation of wire stripping, pinning out a military type connector, routing & tie wrapping cables
- Training and/or experience in basic operation of electronic and electrical test equipment such as multimeters, power supplies, and signal generators
- Basic understanding of Wheatstone bridge theory, ability to apply ohms law, and an understanding of DC electronics
- Associate’s Degree in Instrumentation, Control Technology, Electrical Systems, or other related field
- Knowledge in Data Acquisition concepts, hardware, and interfacing
- Working knowledge of transducers, operational amplifiers, and the knowledge of measurement techniques for temperature, pressure, flow, displacement, vibration and the application strain gages are also highly desired. Identify required data, data acquisition plans and test parameters, setting up equipment to conform to these specifications
- Knowledge and practical experience with any of the following sensors: Resistance Temperature Devices (RTDs), thermocouples, strain gages, accels, pressure transducers
- 5+ years of industry related experience
- General physical fitness is required for some work areas, flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required, also the ability to lift heavy objects is required in this position >50lbs
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings and climbing hand over hand.
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available for overtime and weekends
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.