Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company?s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com .Job Description
Avery Dennison is seeking a Team Manager (Production Supervisor) for B Shift to join the Peachtree City site in support of our Coating Operations in Peachtree City, GA. The successful candidate will be an energetic leader with a proven track record of continuously training, developing, motivating, and coaching team members. The Team Manager will provide front-line leadership and direction for all Safety, Quality, Service, Productivity, Cost Reduction, and People objectives and goals within an assigned area of the facility while meeting internal and external customer needs. As part of our team, this individual will report to the Coating Value Stream Manager and operate under general guidance from Plant Leadership to ensure execution of daily operational efficiencies, implementation of key business objectives, and leadership of key people initiatives.? Hours for this role are 3:00 pm -11:00 pm.??
In your role as Coating Team Manager, delivering on these responsibilities is critical to success:
QualificationsWHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING TO THE TEAM:?
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations. Responsible for training and development staff, estimating resource/labor needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies. Maintain all timekeeping, overtime and vacation records and schedules.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent. Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals. Model and promote the Corporation?s Code of Business Ethics and Values
- Regard safety as a core value: Lead the efforts to create a safety conscious environment; be actively involved in safety initiatives. Lead monthly safety meetings and daily safety huddles. Lead 5S activities, housekeeping, and recycling programs.
- Responsible for key operational measures within business unit (service, quality, productivity, cost, safety); able to measure performance of team against performance targets and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Maintain quality control processes to ensure products/services meet quality standards; lead implementation of process improvements. Drive improvement strategies in all key metric areas; manage production flow, staffing schedule and resources to budget and plan.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to resolve problems and develop improved manufacturing processes. Make efforts to reduce manufacturing waste and process complexity.
Avery Dennison has a long history of being a market leader.? Your history is important to us. It should include the following:?
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial engineering? preferred. Experience in a technical/manufacturing setting in conjunction with a demonstrated commitment to continuing education and development will also be considered.
- 4+? years demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing setting or similar complex organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop a diverse team of individuals performing a variety of tasks required.
- Must have strong floor presence.
- Strong customer focus, communication, planning and coordination skills. Ability to think ahead, anticipate problems, make decisions and take appropriate action.
- Skilled in designing and implementing operational improvement strategies for safety, cost, quality, training, inventory and services.
- Skilled in analyzing and drawing information for daily operational needs and improvement for the team. Familiarity with Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) Operating Principles strongly preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines