The Baker is responsible for overall bagel inventory and baking in the store. The Baker ensures that the team has a clear understanding of goals and expectations of bagel products, handling, new directives, and customer orders, including individual orders and large group catering orders.
This position manages bagel production requirements for labor, customer service and employee tasks, in accordance to Caribou Coffee and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. standards. The Baker maintains consistent inventory and flow of bagels while supporting daily catering goals. Responsibilities Include:
- Problem solving.
- Driving for results.
- Managing multiple priorities.
- Being resilient under pressure.
- Demonstrating leadership.
- Adapt to new work situations or roles; open to new ways of doing things.
- Utilizes the Bake Part Sheet that is set-up by the General Manager.
- Guest Service/Shift work.
- Ensures consistency in bagel preparation according to the Product Manual.
- Supports Team Member functions as necessary to provide seamless customer service to guests.
- Educates Team Members about bagels and how to promote effectively.
- Coaches team members on such items as proper methods for bagel picking, inventory requirements, and shelf life.
- Utilizes resources when problems arise; help to develop solutions before contacting the Food Production Supervisor.
- Ensures that the next shift members are set up for success by stocking all products, and cleaning all areas.
- Follows all Stertech, Ecosure and Health Department Guidelines.
- Washes slacking boards.
- Cleans muffin pans.
- Cleans and maintains all seed pans and utensils that are stored in the baker area.
- Cleans and maintains the oven and proofer.
- Reports any equipment issues to the Food Production Supervisor.
- Cleans and maintains slacking and baking racks.
- Ensures all food production equipment is cleaned daily to include: round about, bagel slicer, toaster, turbo chef, sandwich line, beverage cooler and bagel case.
- Must keep walk-in, freezer and storage areas neat and clean.
- Must keep all beverage equipment clean and maintained.
- Must wash and air dry utensils and dishes.
- Works closely with Food Production Supervisor and Catering Supervisor to execute large orders.
- Maintains inventory documentation; must complete slack report, Bake book, and then give to MOD to keep on file.
- Knowledge of store operations.
- Ability to motivate staff.
- Ability to read and maintain records of inventories and sales.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least one year of restaurant, retail or customer service experience required, or properly trained and approved by Caribou Coffee and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc.
- May require the ability to work early mornings, evenings, some holidays and/or weekends.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou and Einstein Restaurant Group, Inc. reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou, Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive. Caribou Coffee Company and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and does not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.
- The physical requirements for this position are hearing, speaking, seeing, carrying, bending, walking, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 50 pounds, and being able to stand for 4 to 8 hours, or the ability to accomplish the physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.
Associated topics: culinary school, dining chef, executive chef, grill chef, head chef, kitchen, pizza chef, service manager, sous, tavern