Nordstrom, Inc. is a fashion specialty retailer, based in Seattle, WA. The company offers clothing, shoes, and accessories for men, women, and kids. Nordstrom, Inc. operates full-line stores, clubhouses, styling services, and clearance stores in 40 states and Canada. Their online platform distributes items in 96 countries. With a passion to understand consumers' preferences and a relentless drive to provide the best possible service, Nordstrom is at the forefront of inspiring fashion style. The company believes in employee recognition, promotion from within, and long-term career planning. If you are ready to grow your career in a fun, but supportive environment, you might find your role there. As a fast-moving company, Nordstrom encourages you to be innovative and creative. In return, they offer you a benefits package with merchandise discounts, medical coverage, retirement plan, and more.
The ideal Salesperson is passionate about fashion, enjoys working one-on-one with customers and thrives in a sales environment.
A day in the life?
* Set and achieve sales goals
* Provide honest and confident feedback to customers about style and fit
* Seek fashion and product knowledge to build your expertise
* Build lasting relationships with customers
* Grow sales by opening new Nordstrom Rewards program accounts
* Work with the team to keep the department \"runway ready,\" which means stocking, re-merchandising, display, price markdowns, merchandise transfers and light cleaning
* Give the best service to our customers on their terms which may require all employees to be flexible and open to occasionally performing work/duties in a department other than the one you were hired into
* The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on business needs
You own this if you have?
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* The ability to excel in a competitive team environment
* The ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Organization and follow through
* The ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
We've got you covered?
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
* Time Off
* Merchandise Discount
* Lifework / EAP resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
? 2018 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.