Established in the year 1908, AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital Orlando, offers state-of-the-art medical care to families and the communities. With a shared vision, Christian mission, common values, and focus on whole-person health, it is committing to making communities healthier with a unified system. AdventHealth provides an environment that promotes health, healing, and relaxation. Above all, it offers the caring expertise of 80,000+ skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, physician practices, home health agencies, and outpatient clinics delivering individualized and holistic medical care. AdventHealth is an equal opportunity employer. Employees at AdventHealth have more than just a job - they have a calling, a purpose they share with everyone. The company dedicatedly helps its workforce grow both spiritually and professionally through the creation principles, which emphasize complete health. Thus, AdventHealth and its employees together help families and the communities heal their body, mind, and spirit.
Bed Management Senior Representative - Emergency Transfer Center - Orlando
Florida Hospital Orlando seeks to hire a Senior Representative who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
Monday - Friday; 7a - 7p
The Bed Management Senior Rep is responsible for all aspects of the patient admission process. They must ensure accurate use of the Master Registration Index system and proper identification of each patient utilizing all available data. They verify the admitting complaint and ensure proper coding using current ICD9 coding manuals. Serves at hospital liaison for patient and family in the absence of the patient representative. Responsible for proper bed placement of each patient. Utilizes the electronic bed management system appropriately, timely and accurately. Ensures patients that are to be admitted have contracted insurance, and if not, ensures that the proper departments are notified. Enters the recommended bed assignments for all patients timely and accurately. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations
- Interpersonal skills that promote teamwork
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize in house resources
- Flexibility in prioritization
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to function in a stressful, fast paced environment
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Computer skills to include Outlook, Wireless Office, Microsoft applications, and Hospital clinical systems as needed.
- Typing Skills equal to 40 words per minute
- Basic Math proficiency
- Capability of communicating professionally with an acceptable use of English.
- Strong organizational skills (Preferred)
- Hospital Bed Management Experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
- Provides for proper Identification of each patient to ensure accurate charging procedures and proper Health Information Management cataloging. Creates written notices of admission for patients at other non-Florida Hospitals, Direct Admissions or transfers from other facilities, as received in order to process admissions accurately and efficiently. Verifies demographic information timely and accurately.
- Ensures accurate use of Master Registration Index system and proper identification of each patient using previously assigned numbers, name, social security number, etc. Enters information given by physician and assigns an MRI number with incomplete data when the need for an immediate number is indicated. Accurately codes diagnosis or admitting complaint using current ICD9 coding manuals as required.
- Reviews and processes admission orders that nursing enters into Sunport in a timely and proficient manner. Processes transfer requests expeditiously. Enters recommended bed assignments promptly and accurately. Communicates effectively with the patient and or physicians in the event of a bed shortage, and establishes approximate wait times and placement options. Acts as liaison with nursing units in determining proper bed placement. Keeps all Healthcare providers updated as to the status of the bed need.
- Manages the Inbox, Standby, Ready Bed, and Alert Tabs in AMMB to ensure patient flow so that patient length of stay is decreased.
- Notifies the Nursing Supervisor at the individual campus if Acknowledgement or Assignment of patients is not done in a timely manner. Notifies the ED Charge Nurse if ED patients are not moving to ready beds in a timely manner. Monitors the movement of PACU patients to their ready beds.
- Collects and compiles statistical reports as requested. Responsible for obtaining face sheets and transfer agreements on all patients transferring from other facilities. Maintains the transfer logs for patients transferring inter-campus.
- Ensures that admitted patients have contracted insurance, if not, ensures the proper departments are notified.
- Answers calls in que timely while clearly identifies self and name of department at all times, returns calls prior to work day ending. Follows established protocols in time and attendance, Adheres to all Florida Hospital Policies and Procedures. Educates and trains the staff with any new knowledge from meetings that are attended. Orders supplies for the department and ensures equipment is maintained. Manages time and attendance screens and changes times as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by department supervisor or Director.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Bed Management Senior Representative opportunity with Florida Hospital Orlando and apply online today.
Bed Management, Representative, Transfer Center, Orlando