Corizon Health is a pioneer and leading provider of correctional healthcare services across the United States with over 40 years of experience in the industry. The company has more than 11,000 employees in over 400 correctional facilities (jails and prisons). Corizon Health employs healthcare and support professionals, including nurses, physicians, dentists and behavioral healthcare providers. Because of the high rates of mental illness and the previously unmet medical needs of the inmate population, medical and behavioral health providers work together closely in an integrated healthcare delivery system. In addition to competitive compensation packages, the company provides you resources, training and advancement opportunities. Corizon Health also offers you a highly supportive and collaborative work environment and the opportunity for work-life balance.
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It's a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Now Offering a Sign-On Bonus for New Full Time Employees!
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Behavioral Health Professional with Corizon Health at Farmington Correctional Centerlocated in Farmington,Missouri:
- Assist as needed in discharge planning and referral process to appropriate resources when inmates are close to discharge.
- Quickly responds to and assess inmates in need of crisis intervention. Complete mental health crisis assessments in various inmate housing units.
- Consult with the multidisciplinary team on all crisis intervention cases for possible transfers to alternate levels of care.
- Provide group counseling as clinically appropriate, and agreed upon by the treatment team.
- Initiate, complete and maintain all of the treatment plans, including group therapy portions of treatment plans. Attend weekly staff meetings and follows all team/unit protocol.
- Complete bio-psychosocial assessments and other mental health reports and summaries as required.
- Provide documentation in accordance with department policies, procedures and Health Services Bulletins.
- Complete a daily operations log.
- Participate in mandatory training activities as well as orientation of new staff.
- Adhere to universal precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Adhere to regulations of medical chart "sign outs" and returns all charts to Medical Records daily or via site specific Medical Records protocol.
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Mental Health-related field
- Master's Degree a plus
- Active CPR Certification
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Corizon Health. Keywords: Behavioral Health Professional (BHP), Location: Knob Lick, MO - 63651