Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated
Senior Gameplay Designer
to join our team!!
- You will work with a complementary team of designers, animators and programmers; collaborating with design leadership through all stages of development to own and implement combat, creatures and moment to moment gameplay features that improve content and functionality of the game.
- You will set and maintain what excellence looks like within the gameplay team.
- You will expertly communicate and work with a passionate team of programmers, producers, artists and designers through development to own and implement completed player experiences.
- You will be active in communicating progress and resolution of problems setting clear guidelines and expectations for your peers.
- You will develop documentation, craft prototypes and deliver final content for specific meta and micro gameplay features and systems.
- You will provide meaningful guidance and mentorship to peers and staff to help foster a creative and candid studio culture.
- The candidate will have 5 + years of experience as a Senior gameplay designer working on AAA titles.
- Having had experience in moment to moment gameplay and three C’s on a AAA console title.
- To have exceptional hands on experience with game mechanics in 1st or 3rd person shooters space.
- You are required to have a deep understanding of current market trends and consumer feedback with the ability to craft, implement innovative ideas.
- Being very familiar with the fundamentals of user experience and playability testing.
- You exhibit the ability to thoughtfully critique the content of peers in a candid group environment.
- To be comfortable fostering collaboration with groups within art, audio and programming on and off site.
- You demonstrate a great insight and working knowledge of Shooters and or Action game genres
- A real passion for gaming!
- Experience using 3ds Max, Adobe Suite, Unreal Flash Unity, and similar tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- English is the required language of work
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.