Job Title: Birthday Party Coordinator
Department: Oakland Ice Center Operated by Sharks Ice
Reports To: Oakland Participant Development Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The Birthday Party Coordinator, acting under the general direction of the Oakland Participant Development Coordinator, performs and plans the essential party planning activities and manages party staff according to established standards. The Birthday Party Coordinator will ensure that all party guests have a memorable experience in a manner that gives special recognition to the birthday party child and promotes our birthday program to all attendees.
- In coordination with the Oakland Participant Development Coordinator, organizes and develops all aspects of parties, including but not limited to contacting interested individuals, booking reservations, and ensuring optimal amounts of food and supplies are on hand.
- Creates individual party agendas within framework of party program including any special requests.
- Conducts pre-party briefing with Party Captains to review timeline and schedule details (party area setup details, guest arrivals, party area games, off ice activities, public skate activities, food serving details, party departure, and clean up).
- Performs all duties of a Sharks Ice Party Captain as necessary.
- Leads by example in providing excellent customer service; directs staff for efficient and professional party execution.
- Trains new Party Captains and conducts ongoing trainings to ensure the highest levels of service and creativity.
- Responsible for all aspects of scheduling and food coordination.
- Ensures the execution of the public session programming script so that all party participants have a great time and the birthday children receive special recognition.
- Attends weekly management meetings and understand ice schedule and scheduling availability.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- People person with excellent customer service skills who enjoys working with children, families, and the public in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in recreation, child care, education, and/or event coordination.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
- Skating experience required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.