BRUNSWICK IS A MARKET LEADER in the marine, fitness and billiards industries. We have made a commitment to focus our efforts on our core businesses and, as a result, have drawn upon decades of experience to design, build and market world-class recreational products. No company has Brunswick's breadth and scope in the marine industry. No company rivals Brunswick's quality and innovation in fitness equipment. And no company possesses Brunswick's knowledge and heritage in billiards.
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Director of Quality
Strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing the Quality strategy to exceed customer expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, optimizing production quality levels and supporting operational excellence. Work closely with internal and external stakeholders regarding technical support of their activities. Responsible for all areas of the Quality function supporting Assembly, Coating and Aluminum machining operations. The primary responsibility will be to have direct Quality oversight for the Fort Wayne Operations facility and secondarily will provide guidance, leadership and oversight of the Quality function for all domestic Boat Group plant locations.
Strategy & Development
- Overall responsibility for Quality activities across the business
- Create and implement best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Ensure that quality strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the operations and take action to mitigate risk and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business and operations strategy
- Lead and manage the quality function from new product start of production validation phase through warranty to ensure a proactive quality culture
- Improve quality and reliability standards by studying industry benchmarks and the requirements of customer. Define the metrics required to assess performance against those standards
- Actively lead the reduction of Customer CPR’s, Warranty, Cost of Quality and in-house scrap and waste
- Implement new quality processes and systems where appropriate
- Assist in continuous improvement activities throughout the business ensuring that problems are prevented, and customer requirements are met with any problems resolved at root cause effectively and economically
- Work to prevent non-conformances, customer complaints, concession and rework activities alongside Manufacturing Engineering and Operations. Develop preventative and corrective actions within required timeframe
- Leverage and utilize the Enterprise Quality Management system (EQMS), updating procedures and training team members where required
- Maintain procedures and processes to ensure compliance with ISO certification
- Encourage and complete process audits to ensure adherence to standards
- Develop a communication and improvement protocol with the quality teams across all plant operations. Lead a cohort group of Quality professional ensuring alignment of quality initiatives and corrective actions
- Report on quality performance/initiatives on a regular basis to the Senior Management team. Represent the quality organization at the Quality Operating Committee meetings (QOC).
- Manage the risk module for operations around the quality functions through EQMS and ISO Standards
- Provide leadership to departments under their control and coach, mentor and develop direct reports. Manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement
- Set department objective and monitor ongoing progress and performance in a timely manner
- Ensure strong communication between team under leadership and larger quality organizations to facilitate exchange of information and collaboration
- Develop the appropriate organizational structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and customer deliverables
- Ensure team is trained and knowledgeable enabling them to achieve the operational and quality metrics within their areas of responsibility
- Hold regular performance reviews and manage any other people issues in conjunction with Human Resources
- Coordinate with engineering to ensure repeatable manufacture of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the quality strategy across all plants
- Inspire and motivate the team
- Consistently manage performance firmly and fairly and in a supportive manner
- Resilient, optimistic and open to change
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Shows moral courage, openness and integrity
- Is confident, assertive and self-aware
- Has a collaborative approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train staff
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance
- Thorough understanding of quality control standards and methodologies
- Maintain and improve elements of ISO9001:2015 Quality System
- Lean manufacturing techniques including Six Sigma DMAIC problem solving
- Thorough understanding of assembly, coating and machining operations, their components and manufacturing techniques
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Technical mindset
- Results oriented with ability to plan and deliver against deadlines. Works with a sense of urgency
- Ability to operate and influence at a strategic and tactical level
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related industrial, scientific, or business field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight to 10 years of related experience required with at least five years as a quality manager or quality engineering role highly preferred.
- Appropriate quality certifications highly desired
- Proven project management experience
We are the people behind life’s passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 1-888-735-4767.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies