Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to create the business and/or functional requirements necessary for technology solutions that meet customer needs, expected delivery dates, and exceptional quality standards.
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide application solutions for assigned business areas
- Possess functional knowledge of assigned application technology
- Interact with business users to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests
- Serve liaison role between application technology vendors, internal IS groups, and business users
- Translate business requirements into product-specific designs and configuration, detailed requirement specifications and use cases
- Deliver functional specifications, design documents, business process workflow and related documentation for new development projects and/or enhancement and modification requests
- Perform functional application configuration and configure /run reports at user request
- Ensure programs meet business specifications
- Demonstrate new functionality to business users seeking inputs on future direction
- Review vendor provided documentation and user manuals needed to support the product
- Directly interface with business users by responding to support calls escalated by the Service Desk
- Participate in user focus groups and requirements workshops, vendor training and demonstrations
- Assist in supporting activations and rollouts
- Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope
- Customer focus and close alignment with the customers’ business objectives
- Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects standards
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity
- Provide data to generate team performance metrics
- Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level
- Take complete ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders
- Adherence to the defined standards
- Take initiative and drives to bring to logical conclusion; proactive approach
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues
- Actively participate in meetings and make valuable contribution
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or other relevant combination of training and experience
- 2-5 years practical experience in providing technical support and maintenance in assigned product preferred
- Experience in healthcare Revenue Cycle Management and operations required.
- Experience with healthcare billing/claims, transaction sets, denials, and/or regulatory reporting desired.
- Experience working in, or interacting with, a hospital or provider billing office desired.
- Experience working in a development environment; Agile practices a plus.
- Capacity to meet with and listen to, understand, and anticipate the needs of our clients.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups and contribute during team meetings and other group-related activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and shifting demands.
- Understanding of payer and regulatory (state and federal) requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans