Nestled in Waltham, MA, Raytheon Company is an international technology and innovation firm in aerospace and defense, providing electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services for a wide variety of government and commercial customers. Besides its global business services segment the company runs four operations: Integrated Defense Systems; Intelligence, Information and Services; Missile Systems; Space and Airborne Systems. Working toward the goal of making the world a safer place, the company offers career paths to you if you consider yourself mission-driven who thrives on continual learning, big ideas and real challenges. Job openings are not only available for professionals, but also for recent graduates & interns; moreover the company offers a Relaunch Program, a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package is accessible for you, containing elements of health care, income protection, investment/retirement and work/life benefits. As one of the earliest technology start-ups Raytheon was established in Cambridge, home of the Institute of Technology, as the American Appliance Company in 1922.
The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Business Analytics Department Manager is responsible
For measurement, analysis, and prediction of cost, schedule and performance indicators of program and Business level activities. This position reports to the Director of Engineering Process, Execution, and Configuration Management and works with the Engineering Disciplines and Mission Areas to improve measurement and cost estimation processes, methods, and outcomes.
Specifically, the Business Analytics Department Manager responsibilities include the following:
* Manage up to 15 engineers in support of the business measurement/cost estimation strategy and implementation
* Measure and assess program performance, aggregate data for organizational analysis, and ensure its quality as a historical basis for cost estimation efforts
* Leads cost estimation improvement initiatives for the Engineering Function collaboration with other Business Functions
* Mentor engineering leaders and program personnel on measurement, cost estimation and analytics techniques
* Aggregate and analyze of organizational data to identify trends and needs for improvements
* Implement of analytics methodologies and data visualization to drive decision-making
* Product ownership of IIS Engineering measures and cost data repositories
In addition, the Business Analytics Department Manager frequently represents IIS in internal and external measurement and cost estimation related activities. External activities include attendance at relevant conferences, seminars, and forums. Specific enterprise measurement activities include participating in the Raytheon Measurement Community of Practice (MCOP) and various initiatives to improve measurement across the company.
* Strong leadership of interdisciplinary teams
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to rapidly adapt to Business needs
* Measurement, analysis, and data aggregation
* Data analytics and predictive analysis techniques within an engineering discipline
* Data visualization and presentation techniques
* Work effectively across multiple levels and functions in an organization
* 12+ years of engineering experience
* Business Analytics / Data Science
* Engineering cost estimation
* Knowledge of other Raytheon Business Measurement Systems
* Experience with IIS Central Measurement Repository / Historical Data Warehouse
* CMMI Model Familiarity
* Raytheon Six Sigma Expert
* Raytheon BOE Certified
* Raytheon EVM Certified
* Simulation, modeling, analysis, and forecasting
Required Education (including Major):
* Must have a BS degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 140130 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly
Type Of Job
CO - Aurora
TX - Richardson
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.