IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. Nicknamed Big Blue, IBM is one of 30 companies included in the Dow Jones Industrial Average and one of the world's largest employers with more than 380,000 employees in 170 countries. IBM today is much more than a “hardware, software, services” company. It has continually shifted business operations by focusing on higher-value, more profitable markets such as business consulting, research, cloud platform and cognitive solutions. IBM's work and people are present in all sorts of different places - from healthcare, through retail and traffic engineering to even designing the next generation fan experience in sports stadiums around the world.
At IBM we know technology. But technology is only as good as the results it delivers. Are you interested and adept in application development methodology and tools? The IBM Services Centre: Nova Scotia occupies a unique position in the IT marketplace - at the intersection of business and technology. This Global Service Centre provides services to leading edge clients who are looking for a unique, Canada - based capability to design, develop and support their mission-critical applications.
As a member of our team, you will help clients solve some of their most challenging business problems, capitalize on market opportunities and achieve real value in today's tough economy.
The Business Consultant / Information Technology (IT) Specialist roles are embedded into a variety of our business solutions and opportunities. Business Consultants are involved in business analysis, project management and support, as well as solution design for client engagements. IT Specialists are involved in the design and development of applications to meet client requirements, in addition to preparing executing various test cases. As part of our team, you will be able to leverage the advanced methodologies, tools and procedures that only a global leader like IBM can provide. You will also have the opportunity to develop new custom applications and solution designs to broaden your skills and grow your career in the IT and business communities.
What will the role offer you?
- The opportunity to work with top IBM clients from around the world
- The chance to live and work in Nova Scotia, Canada
- Exceptional training and on-going learning and development opportunities
- Multiple career growth opportunities
- A supportive work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
We are hiring year round, so if you are looking for an impactful and rewarding career in an exciting fast paced work environment - apply today!
What are we looking for in a successful candidate?
- Capabilities / experiences in business consultancy, project management, strategic thinking, data security and privacy, business controls, financial analysis
- Information Technology experience or demonstrated technical aptitude obtained either through relevant coursework or work-related activities
- Relevant business experience or Industry experience in the Telecommunications, Retail, Financial Services Sector - Banking and Insurance, Energy, Public Sector - Healthcare and Federal
- A demonstrated history of achievement in academics, internships, and/or work experience
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, making individual contributions to challenging projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and to meet deadlines
- Proven interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skill
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Programming experience or background in any language
- Willingness to live in Nova Scotia (a low amount of travel anticipated)
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.