Dionex embodies passion for the science of chromatography, delivers power in the technologies behind our products, and productivity for the industries that shape the world. We pursue a strategy of diversity in our products, markets, and geographic locations, leveraging our technologies to ensure consistent progress. Our technological strength and leadership are rooted in our customer focus. Dionex was founded to help chemists automate and eliminate repetitive, time-consuming tasks. Solutions are at the heart of everything we do.
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work, and you ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Our Core Safety Business Development Manager is responsible for the sales of Fisher Safety s products and services within a defined territory, serving customers engaged primarily in safety dominant business segments outside the lab, critical and controlled environments. The Core Safety Business Development Manager maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts
What will you do
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier, Commercial Safety Specialists and internal resources; Seeks out broader relationships within the account to help facilitate networking and prospecting
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
- Supports multiple safety specialists by providing information specific to safety, including technical information, product recommendations for customer applications, and other safety support
- Assist the commercial team in effectively managing pricing within territory to control profitability
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control, consults with customers
- Implements customer specific action plans, working with purchasing and management to perform hazard assessments, making product recommendations, providing product training with regard to occupational health and safety equipment
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
How will you get thereExperience
Bachelor s degree preferably with a technical degree in safety, EH&S, environmental science or science or equivalent work experience.
2+ years of sales experience, preferably in safety products or controlled environment productsKnowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I s) Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement