Tapping into the universal human need to win, GGOB educates your people in the rules of business, rallies them around a common goal, empowers them to see and improve the score, and engages them by giving them skin in the game... presenting them with the opportunity to win (or lose) as a team.
Provide oversight, analysis and delivery of data and user reporting tools utilizing commercial enterprise (ERP) systems/data integrated with data from other corporate systems to address issues and opportunities for a rapidly growing company with an emphasis on sales and customer service support
As directed, configuration and disciplined customization that maintains and protects the system/data integrity and leverages investment in enterprise (ERP) systems, database, and outside data sources.Dimensions:
- Maximizing the effectiveness and efficiency related to:
- Forecast automation, support, and statistical analysis.
- Pricing data analysis to support decisions to maintain overall revenue and margin objectives.
- Support of sales and related interfaces to corporate distribution data and the integration of that data locally
- Sales and customer service KPI s as defined by a cross function management team.
- Business process and IT support sustainability and scalability.
- Responsible for attaining an effective understanding of the enterprise systems, relationship to best practices, and the application to business processes within CNH Reman and integration with external entities.
- Responsible for ensuring that solutions and processes are in alignment with and support financial and cost accounting practices and result in process and financial transparency.
- Responsible for collaboration with Business Analyst team in the evaluation of business process requirements and research/development of guidance/recommendation based on the application of standard enterprise system processes as priority over any customization or manual systems that would adversely affect the system integrity or the scalability/sustainability of the process and IT support.
- Responsible for collaborating with Business Analyst team and users to develop and maintain accurate business process documentation and related user instructions business activities related areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for communicating with the Help Desk thru documentation, instruction, and assistance to provide Level I support and providing Level II Help Desk services.
- As directed when customization is required and approved, responsible for using programming tools and techniques which are compatible with enterprise software/database upgrade processes and conform to best practices for development, testing, promotion, and deployment.
- As directed, responsible for acting as liaison between user/enterprise and vendor support on any issues that arise and communication of same to all members of the IT team.
Provide one to three typical examples of decisions made or actions taken that have had or will have direct impact on the organization (i. e. revenue, plant productivity, unit business development goals)
- User efficiency in performing business transactions and accessing transaction based information.
- Maintaining integration of business processes, resulting in consistent basis for decisions, data integrity, and enterprise efficiency.
- Maintaining business process sustainability and scalability that facilitates growth.
- Must communicate with users, management, and IT staff to define and insure that system solutions:
- Meet or exceed the business requirements defined for the project.
- Ensure efficiency, system/integration integrity, and the scalability/sustainability of the process and IT support.
- Must communicate with Finance to ensure that necessary fiscal/audit controls are maintained.
- Must Communicate with Safety department to ensure all OSHA 1910 standards are followed
- Must Communicate with Quality department to ensure all ISO standards are followed
- Associates Degree or higher in a program with emphasis on application technology, business, or industrial technology OR with hands-on programming and/or cross functional business process analysis experience that exceeds the normal minimum requirement for this position. Minimum GED or High School diploma.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a programmer/systems analyst, OR a demonstrated aptitude in application technology and significant experience as a process analyst, financial analyst, or other comparable business analytical role.
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in manufacturing environments using standard supply chain, cost accounting, and general accounting processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated commercial ERP packages including, at a minimum, supply chain best practices for manufacturing.
- Demonstrated understanding in the use of business intelligence (BI) reporting or other reporting packages and tools (e. g. SSRS, Crystal, etc.).
- Ability to think critically to comprehend and document complex system requirements.
- Demonstrated programming expertise with Windows based languages/scripts/tools, SQL application side services, and event driven applications.
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to achieve personal and company goals. Overtime, must be able to read MSDS sheet.
- Expertise with Windows OS and Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel at a minimum).
- Walking, standing, stooping, bending, lifting, reaching. Requiring hours of service that would average at least 30 hours of service per week