Deltek is seeking an experienced Cognos Analytics Consultant to provide consulting and training services to Deltek clients using the Cognos Analytics product suite. Deltek s offerings for Government Contractors include the Costpoint ERP system in addition to a portfolio of applications that offer our clients a completely integrated, end-to-end project-oriented solution. Responsibilities include:
* Creating BI deliverable specifications, creates/modifies reports, data models, dashboards and associated security, tests deliverables, and documents status and results.
* Determining work priorities in accordance with project plans, project schedules, changing work demands and GovCon Services policies and practices.
* Under general direction, performing multiple work assignments.
* Applying business analytical and technical thinking within areas of assigned responsibility and resolve routine client issues and challenges by identifying possible alternatives, and providing recommendations.
* When required - researching reporting issues and provide detail and preliminary recommendations to the project lead (or designated representative)
* Contributing to and supporting the entire consulting team in ensuring client requirements are met.
* Taking ownership of assigned tasks and follow through on commitments.
* Working collaboratively and building relationships with other consultants, customer staff, and third-party consultants.
Education and Experience:
* Minimum 2 years consulting and/or similar experience
* 2+ years of reporting or analytics experience
* Experience with Cognos 8, Cognos 10 and/or Cognos Analytics
* ERP background with Deltek Costpoint , Deltek Time & Expense or ERP systems such as, but not limited to Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, SAP, BAAN, JAMIS, Maconomy, MicroSoft Dynamics/Great Plains/Solomon/Navision, JD Edwards or Lawson (exp with Deltek ERP products ARE PREFERRED OVER OTHER ERP PRODUCTS).
* Experienced with all aspects of Microsoft Office products
* Experience with accounting, manufacturing, HR/Payroll systems a plus
* LDAP and ADS reporting security experience a plus
* Writing and troubleshooting SQL a plus
* B.A./B.S. or equivalent work experience comparable to four-year degree in a related area
Other Knowledge and Skills:
* Takes initiative to achieve value-added results within scope of responsibility
* Able to work with general direction but promotes an open flow of information
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Creative problem solving ability
* Able to develop solutions that consider the broader impact on other business areas
Better software means better projects. Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services, management and IT consulting, architecture and engineering, marketing and advertising agencies, government contractors and other project-based businesses. More than 23,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources and streamline operations. Our industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue.
For more information, visit www.deltek.com.
Deltek, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Consulting & Upper Management||9.2%||66%||2%|