Cincinnati State can trace its origins to the Cincinnati Cooperative School of Technology (CCST), a two-year technical institute for high school graduates that was established by the Cincinnati Board of Education in 1966. The function of the school was to train technicians in a program combining college-level classroom instruction and cooperative work experience. This program operated in a portion of the facility at 3520 Central Parkway, which at the time was also the home to Courter Technical High School and former home to Central High School. In its first year, the college offered only four degree programs.
WDC Assistant Business Manager - Health Technology (Revised)
The Workforce Development Center (WDC) at Cincinnati State is the region's leading workforce training and education center. Located at the Evendale campus, this division serves local businesses and individual students in developing industry-relevant skills for today's changing workplace. The WDC supports the college mission by offering custom, fast-paced programs that help people gain skills quickly, and set them up for future professional and academic success.
This position reports to the WDC Director/Senior Business Manager of the Workforce Development Center. The Assistant Business Manager of Health Technology has contact with instructors and staff, oversees/directs the business management of the Health Technology subdivision. Program oversight includes existing programs such as phlebotomy and STNA. This includes but not limited to open-enrollment and/or contracted courses both on and off site in the public, private, and/or non-profit companies, organizations, and health care facilities. In addition, the individual coordinates the development and sales of customized training to organizations and individuals who would benefit from these services. These sales occur through contact and collaboration with business/industry, professional organizations, governmental organizations, the community, and agencies.
- Responsible for the management, development, and profitable delivery of training for the WDC Health Technology subdivision
- Recruit, develop, train, schedule, and manage part-time instructors/contractors for WDC Health Technology training programs
- Develop an annual business plan to address sales, revenue and put in place expense controls, and meeting agreed targets
- Manage and submit payroll for part-time instructors/contractors for Health Technology training programs
- Monitor progress of the WDC Health Technology program toward sales, revenue, and expenses towards annual goals on a monthly basis
- Coordinate with WDC Director/Senior Business Manager to create new training offerings within the WDC Health Technology subdivision based on community/industry needs and the potential of increased revenue
- Develop and improve curriculum with input from business and industry as well as academics, where appropriate
- Actively participate and contribute as a valuable team member of the Workforce Development Team
- Promote and support the work of Cincinnati State's academic, co-op and institutional advancement divisions
- Participate with the Workforce Development Team and other relevant stakeholders to continually improve processes and effectiveness
- Participate in the community at a level that enhances outcomes for the Workforce Development Center
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- 3 years of professional experience in field(s) related to health technology. Experience to include creating budgets and monitoring financial reports.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills that include working experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in phlebotomy, STNA, medical billing and coding, and/or medical assisting workforce training and curriculum development
- Experience in building new health programming/training with proven outcomes and working with partners for externships and/or clinical rotations
- Experience in new business development in the health technology field
- Availability to work some nights and weekends as may be needed. A flexible schedule is required.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel to locations in Butler, Hamilton, and Warren Counties.
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- 3+ years of experience in B2B sales and service delivery
- 3+ years of teaching experience in related field
- 2+ years curriculum development
- Project management and process management experience
- Attention to Detail - Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently
- Plans and organizes time efficiently
- Proven track record of growing a business division year-over-year and meeting set targets
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and students with disabilities.
- Demonstrated excellent relationship building skills, sales skills, organizational skills and written/oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated team player that is self-motivated with the willingness to share knowledge and skills with co-workers
- Individual that is self-motivated with strong planning skills
- Ability to work effectively individually and as a team player with the ability to build effective and collaborative relationships
- Knowledge and skills in a variety of computer usage and software are required. Must have a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn internal organizational software and systems
- Adaptability to job and/or organizational changes
- Demonstrated use of critical thinking skills
- Ability to identify problem(s) and solve them through a logical, collaborative process
- Promotes a culture of team building and positivism with minimizing divisive behavior or creating a divisive environment
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 8 hours at a time
- Ability to lift/move packages (up to 40 lbs.) on an intermittent basis
Reports To: Director/Senior Business Manager, Workforce Development Center
Position Level: WDC Assistant Business Manager Health Technology
Contractual Affiliation: Non-Bargaining
Exempt Classification: Exempt
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with cost effective out of pocket payments and contribution rates, tuition reimbursement, immediate accrual of sick and vacation leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status. Cincinnati State is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro