- Enter, maintain, and reports all medical history, medical coding, and filing claims using Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Promptly investigate all outpatient denials pertaining to diagnosis and procedure coding.
- Updates all patient files and make sure documents are accurate, confidential, and compliant.
- Greets, check in and checkout patients, and advises other medical staff of arrival of patient’s.
- In coordination with the MRS, assist in maintaining inventory of necessary supplies and assists with maintaining inventory on all instruments.
- Address and request referrals and other insurance authorizations. As well as, passing along patient information for prescription, x-ray or lab requisitions to necessary parties. This includes, calling pharmacies, hospitals, and labs.
- Schedule appointments, reschedule, follow up with no calls, no shows, the discharge of patients, and follow up appointments.
- Answer inbound calls to the practice, as well as, greet vendors and set vendor appointments. Will convey messages in writing, electronically, and verbally.
- Will maintain Physicians calendars, prepares doctors notes, return to work, school, or leave notices and all other correspondence as directed.
- Scanning, filing, and faxing documents, as well as, prepare and sort mail.
- Ensure the waiting and reception areas are kept orderly and clean, and will report on any damages of furniture, supplies, or equipment.
- Act as a liaison with patients, referrals, general practitioners, health care professionals, and patient’s family member in a compassionate and kind manner.
- Other office responsibilities, assigned by supervisor or Physician, as deemed necessary.
- Associates, High School Diploma, or GED equivalent preferred
- Higher education may be substituted for experience
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 - 3 years experience in a hospital or physician practice setting
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Basic to intermediate EMR knowledge
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge
- Ability to multitask, can work in a fast paced clinical environment, can engage patients, peers, and supervisors in a dedicated, comforting, respectful and effective way and has the ability to adapt to change.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.