Middle East Broadcasting Networks is a news organization in North Africa and the Middle East that delivers its content in the Arabic Language. The organization comprises two major television networks - Alhurra-Iraq and Alhurra; Maghreb Voices.com, Sawa radio, Irfaasawtak.com among other social media platforms. Middle East Broadcasting Networks enjoy an audience of over 27.5 million people in a week across the regions. The organization’s mission is to further opinions, ideas, and available perspectives in media across the Middle East and North Africa. The Company’s vision is to provide accurate, objective, and relevant information and news to accurately American policies, Americans, and America. Middle East Broadcasting Networks promotes values of freedom and democracy. When working with the organization, the compensation is always good, and importantly the organization offers a work-life balance. The organization's Employee benefits include vacation policy, retirement benefit, and insurance benefits.The job opportunities are Broadcast Technician, Broadcast Engineer, IT Specialist – TV Broadcasting and many more.
Call-in Show Producer, Sawa Sudan
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Call-in Show Producer for our Radio team at our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Call-In Show Producer will be responsible for producing daily talk and interview programs that will showcase the voices of the people discussing and debating topics of importance to their lives. In addition, the Call-in Show Producer will be responsible for editing the daily program log for the Sawa Sudan stream.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Call In Show Producer include, but are not limited to:
* Producing daily talk and interview programs.
* Working with Editors to research and develop topics and concepts for program.
* Identifying, pre-interviewing,selecting and scheduling program guests in conjunction with the Editors and Hosts.
* Assisting in writing questions for hosts to ask guests.
* Conducting daily pre-production meetings for hosts, reporters and other contributors to the programming to lay out direction and focus of that day's program.
* Working as a call screener during live programs to select calls to be taken and provide information about caller to host.
* Serving as program researcher and fact checker.
* Conceptualizing, developing and producing unique, compelling program segments.
* Operating studio equipment, including console, microphone, broadcast automation system and telephone hybrid or any other equipment or software deemed necessary to produce program or program segments.
* Using sound professional judgement to select topic material in accordance with MBN standards.
* Selecting program content based on factors such as current events, audience tastes and requests/feedback from the audience.
* Making use of user-generated content.
Candidates are required to have:
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent (preferred)
* Excellent verbal and written English and Arabic communication skills.
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of current issues, news topics and trends affecting Sudan.
* Extensive contact list of people with knowledge of issues affecting Sudan.
* Strong computer and research skills.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.