Total Wine & More is a family-owned, private American Alcohol Retailer that retails beer, wine, spirits, cigars, and wine products. David Trone and Robert Trone founded the company in 1991, and its headquarter is based in Claymont, Delaware, United States. Total Wine & More owns more than 200 stores in 24 states. Total Wine & More provides a large selection of products and advertises them as competitive at a price. Total Wine & More's Store also carries 3000 types of spirits and beers, accessories, gifts, and cigars. The company employs more than 6000 employees, including 500 employees at its headquarter and 800 wine specialists. Total Wine & More is always looking for talented, motivated people interested in working for a firm with entrepreneurial courage and a passion for providing exceptional service. The company also offers opportunities for advancement and career growth. The company's each wine store carries about 8000 different wine from all over the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- California Resident Job Applicant Notice
- Add to Saved Jobs
As a Cashier, you play an essential role in the customer service experience by providing customers with fast and friendly service. You will process transactions, answer questions, and ensure customers leave feeling positive about their visit. While both part-time and full-time positions generally focus on being a cashier, you may also be assigned as a sales assistant or merchandiser/stock associate. You will report to the store management team.
Join us to become an industry expert in a fun and thriving retail company!You will
What we're looking for
- Provide customer service by greeting and establishing a relationship with customers while informing them of our products and services.
- Direct customers to and through checkout lanes to minimize register lines
- Process transactions accurately and efficiently, including unloading carts, placing product on the belt, and bagging/boxing/loading packages
- Verify customer identification and adhere to all minor policies
- Balance a register drawer; handle cash, checks, credit cards, traveler’s checks, gift cards, and coupons
- Participate in wine, spirits, and beer training to become familiar with Total Wine & More’s products
- Assist with stocking and maintaining inventory levels; communicate any inventory issues/concerns to leadership
- Maintain store safety and cleanliness standards on the sales floor, stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
Physical Requirements (with or without accommodations):
- 21 years of age or older
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires, which may also depend on your preference for part-time or full-time hours
- Experience using technology applicable to the position and access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
- 1-year cash handling/cashier or store associate experience preferred, to include greeting customers, assisting in register transactions, and identifying/resolving customer issues
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and engaging attitude
- Value collaboration and acting as a team player
- Desire to develop knowledge of product and services
- Walk, bend down repeatedly, and be on feet for 8-10 hours a day
- Climb ladders and lift 50 lbs. overhead and repeatedly
Grow with us!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability and life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- College tuition assistance
- Career development, industry knowledge, and wine, spirits, and beer education
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Total Wine & More is the country’s largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-us/Careers!Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.